Thoughts on the SanDisk Ultra 120GB

James161324

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
So i'm very tempted to buy one of these the price is very good and the reviews are surprising good.

Is there anything i should know before purchasing this ssd or any known problems?

Solution
According to the SanDisk product page, the Ultra is a SATA 2 3Gb/s ssd designed for notebooks but it can also be installed in a desktop pc. According to technical reviews the ssd performs very well for a SATA 2 3Gb/s ssd. In addition the SandForce 1200 controller is not buggy like the newer SandForce 2XXX controllers.

Is your desktop pc, laptop, or notebook SATA 3 6Gb/s capable? If so, then you might want to look at SATA 3 ssd's.
According to the SanDisk product page, the Ultra is a SATA 2 3Gb/s ssd designed for notebooks but it can also be installed in a desktop pc. According to technical reviews the ssd performs very well for a SATA 2 3Gb/s ssd. In addition the SandForce 1200 controller is not buggy like the newer SandForce 2XXX controllers.

Is your desktop pc, laptop, or notebook SATA 3 6Gb/s capable? If so, then you might want to look at SATA 3 ssd's.

Solution

James161324

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
Thanks
I have a p67 motherboard so it does support sata 3

I have checked out Sata 3 but is the extra cash worth it. I just have heard a lot that there isn't a big difference in most day to day applications

TRENDING THREADS