Sign in with
Your question

Can you guys help with uninstalling (completely) drivers?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 11, 2010 10:40:47 PM

Ok so I am having many problems with my GPU right now (yes I know its a **** gpu, but it crashes alot). I always crash during simple tasks and get a 'video hardware error'. So I am 100% its a driver problem. But i can't fix it. This is what i do:

1. Uninstall drivers via programs and features
2. Boot into safe mode and run driver sweeper
3. Boot normally and install latest drivers (the latest ones don't have issues with my card, its the way i uninstall which is the problem)

Ok so heres the problem (or what i think it is). Whenever i try to boot back up after removing drivers, at the bottom right of the screen (where the volume sign is, and etc) it says "windows is installing driver software". Ok first of all, where is the software coming from, and secondly how do i stop this. I really need to know how to stop this b/c when i researched this everyone says that auto installing thing must not be active.

Help would be greaaaaattttttly appreciated.

EDIT: remember this is an Nvidia Geforce 7500LE, but had similar problem with my GTX 295. Also OS is Vista Ultimate 64bit
a c 1410 U Graphics card
a b \ Driver
January 11, 2010 10:45:36 PM

You could always do a fresh windows install. Formatting the disk gets rid of all Drivers!
m
l
January 11, 2010 10:46:49 PM

Yes but im hoping it wont come to that. Its just drivers after all.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
January 11, 2010 11:00:27 PM

There's several driver sweepers, try each.
m
l
January 11, 2010 11:01:44 PM

But again my main question is how to disable that thing that automatically installs drivers when i restart from clearing drivers.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 11, 2010 11:05:14 PM

Restart again in Safe Mode & install drivers in safe mode.
m
l
January 11, 2010 11:07:42 PM

well it sounds like you are doing everything right as far as properly uninstalling the drivers and scrubbing the reg though you may want to ensure any other programs associated with that card are removed as well, maybe some sort of control panel software was installed along with the drivers?

Maybe you have Windows configured to check for new drivers via Windows Update (which is a horrible idea but I digress) just to ensure that is not the case, don't be connected to the internet next time you try this process.....
m
l
!