Non Black Edition X6 Overclocking Motherboard Question

I currently have a Phenom II X6 1055T @ 2.8GHz, and can easily get 3.4, using my current motherboards Overclock switch. Current motherboard is a MSI NF750-G55, and i dont OC via bios and any farther due to there known for vrm failure.

Anyway my main question is that I'm buying a Asus Crosshair IV Formula from a friend whose getting the crosshair V, and I was wondering since he currently has a X6 1090T which is black edition and is allowed to be overclock using things other than the FSB, by the motherboards utilities and bios. When i get the motherboard will there be a difference in how the OC utilities work with a non BE X6 1055T vs a BE 1090T X6? I know the best way to get a good stable OC is the bios but if the utilities r there im using them, so I'd like to know if they work as easily as they do with the BE X6.

Solution
The 1055T is locked, So you wont be able to OC it with the multiplier, The 1090T on the other hand has and unlocked multiplier, with makes things vary easy.

The only difference might be in the software you use to OC it with, Some board will OC it differently like your last board can do 3.4ghz fine, but the new board might not like 3.4ghz.

When you OC the 1055T, Just OC it the same way as you OC it with your old board, Just remember when OCing with the the FSB/Bus speed, will OC other things like RAM and the CPU-NB/HTT.

Keep the ram close to stock or under stock until you find your max CPU Overclock, then bump the RAM up and see if its still stable. Raise the CPU-NB to 2400 or 2500mhz or close to it, The HT keep at 2000mhz or 2200mhz...
The 1055T is locked, So you wont be able to OC it with the multiplier, The 1090T on the other hand has and unlocked multiplier, with makes things vary easy.

The only difference might be in the software you use to OC it with, Some board will OC it differently like your last board can do 3.4ghz fine, but the new board might not like 3.4ghz.

When you OC the 1055T, Just OC it the same way as you OC it with your old board, Just remember when OCing with the the FSB/Bus speed, will OC other things like RAM and the CPU-NB/HTT.

Keep the ram close to stock or under stock until you find your max CPU Overclock, then bump the RAM up and see if its still stable. Raise the CPU-NB to 2400 or 2500mhz or close to it, The HT keep at 2000mhz or 2200mhz (I found bumping HT up a notch helps with a few things). See if she holds stable, The CPU-NB gives a nice performance boost.

Solution
I know that mine is locked and that has to be oc'd from the fsb, was more of wondering how the crosshair iv oc features like cpu level up would oc a locked cpu.

thanks for the info, this wasnt a major questions and will fine out and go from there

Yeah, It pretty much is the same way as your other board to OC it, Only difference will be how the bios or software looks, and some mobo's will change the name of a few things, Most of the time FSB can be named FSB, Bus Speed or CPU Frequency.

Overclocking threw software isn't all the bad, I always recommend to use the bios that way you don't have to worry about the software crashing or keeping the wrong settings. Bios these days are getting vary simple to read/use.