Sign in with
Your question

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 DOA ?

Last response: in Motherboards
August 15, 2010 3:45:03 PM

I recieved the "Asrock 890GX Extreme 3" and it wont even start into post boot screen.
When i start the PC the fans (cpu/gfx card etc) start running and the dvd-rom drive led lights up but that's about it.

System spec's:

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
Asrock 890GX Extreme 3
OCZ 2x2GB DDR3 PC16000 CL8 Platinum
Gigabyte GTX 460 1 gb
4x sata2 HDD's
Coolermaster 620 Watt PSU

What i have tried so far :

- Checked the CPU mounting and PSU connections
- Removed 1 memory stick
- Removed GTX 460 ( board has a onboard gpu )
- Removed all exta PCI cards and HDD's
- Checked jumper settings
- Cleared CMOS ( even removed battery )
- Checked monitor on other system

Nothing seems to work the screen just stays totally black, and after doing some research it seems that i probably recieved a mainboard with a broken bios.

I tried to recover the bios ( AMI ) with the recovery procedure recommended ( Make Floppy/USB name your bios rom to AMIBOOT.ROM etc) but this sadly doesnt help. Asrock seems to lack a bios recovery option ?

Are there other procedures that i can try or can i consider it dead ?
It's a brand new mainboard out of the box and i'm not looking forward to RMA :( 

Thanks in advance !
August 15, 2010 7:02:04 PM

Tried a different PSU, no luck.

Seems pretty dead to me, are there any good mainboards you guys can recommend for a 1090T ? It needs to have good oc options prefered 890 FX/GX chipset.

I kinda lost faith in asrock over this...
December 7, 2010 12:42:08 AM

I got my Asrock 890GX Extreme3 a few days ago, after using for a few days yesterday it had the same problem as yours! The brand itself is supposed to be "Solid as rock" but it gives me the feeling that it is just 'cheap' I look at the motherboard Dr Debug it gives 5P error message but there is nothing in the manual book to explain what that is. Search online so far no luck too. What is that stupid Dr Debug for?

There is no problem in power supply as I use CollerMaster 500 watts extreme.

Have anyone got solution for this? May be I have to send the item back to supplier.
!