Sign in with
Your question
Solved

OCZ Agility 3 or SATA Controller Issue?

Last response: in Storage
January 11, 2012 2:31:36 AM

I just completed my first computer build and expected wondrous performance from the 120GB SSD - of course expectations were hit with cold water.

Because I perceived slowness in the SSD, I downloaded and ran two OCZ benchmarks : ssd atto and as ssd.

My concern is that the as ssd benchmark is reporting that the "Intel 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family 4 port Serial ATA Storage Controller 1C00 is Bad".

Did I just get a processor or mobo that had the old 6 Series problem or is this something else?

I am new at this and obviously don't know too much, so I would appreciate any assistance before my 30 day return window closes.

Thanks
Tom

i5 2500K 3.3
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
G Skill Ripjaws 4Gx2 DDR3 1333
Sapphire Radeon HD6950 2G
Corsair TX750M psu
Lite-On BD combo iHES212-08
Lite-On DVD burner iHAS124-04
Cooler Master 922 HAF
Samsung 1TB HD103SJ
OCZ AGT3 120G SSD

Best solution

a c 529 G Storage
January 11, 2012 5:24:01 AM

When you see "BAD" in AS-SSD it means either:

1.) The port your SSD is connected to is in IDE mode when it should be in AHCI mode
2.) Your Operating System partition is not aligned on the SSD properly. This normally happens if you cloned or imaged a drive to your SSD improperly.

Post a picture of your AS-SSD benchmark for further clarification.
January 11, 2012 1:59:16 PM

Dereck47 - thanks for the info. Indeed my ports are set to IDE and unfortunately my OS is loaded (Win7 64). Regedit - here I come.
I will post the initial benchmark results this evening, before I tinker with regedit.
Hopefully I will be able to get back with you after my regedit expedition.
m
l
Related resources
January 12, 2012 12:27:21 AM

I changed settings in the registry, changed the BIOS settings to AHCI and reran the benchmark tests. The tests were improved, but I can't figure out how to post the screen shots here - simple copy and paste doesn't work. I try to use the insert image icon and it asks for a url.

Can you educate me as to how to post something like these benchmark screenshots?

m
l
a c 529 G Storage
January 12, 2012 1:03:02 AM

tfulmer said:
I changed settings in the registry, changed the BIOS settings to AHCI and reran the benchmark tests. The tests were improved, but I can't figure out how to post the screen shots here - simple copy and paste doesn't work. I try to use the insert image icon and it asks for a url.

Can you educate me as to how to post something like these benchmark screenshots?

Sorry, I thought copy & paste would work as well.
m
l
January 12, 2012 1:32:03 AM

Best answer selected by tfulmer.
m
l
!