Sign in with
Your question

Internet explorer version 7 in my home & office computers

Last response: in Networking
December 29, 2009 4:40:21 PM

Hello All,

I am using internet explorer version - 7 in my home & office computers and when I was closing the window it was always viewing an error and asking to send to Microsoft every time and it was also loading slowly even normal web pages.

Please share your suggestion here ........
Anonymous
December 29, 2009 6:37:26 PM

Switch to a better browser -- Firefox is big, reliable and has apps to block annoying ads. Opera is quick and (now) reliable.
m
l
December 29, 2009 6:43:10 PM

I'll second that. Switch to FireFox and don't look back.
m
l
Related resources
December 29, 2009 8:47:50 PM

If you are running into trouble with IE 7, I would actually go with the newer/better version, IE8. IE is faster, and safer than IE 7, and with the 'compatibility mode' feature, you don't have to worry about pages appearing differently.
Here is a link to get you started:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/than...

Good luck!
-Kyler IE8 Outreach Team
m
l
Anonymous
December 30, 2009 3:18:19 AM

Well, there's an unprejudiced recommendation for you !!
m
l
December 30, 2009 4:21:54 AM

You make a good point fihart. :D 

I have IE8 and FireFox and FF is still faster and safer without question.
m
l
Anonymous
December 30, 2009 9:46:14 AM

Kyler_IE8_Team said:
If you are running into trouble with IE 7, I would actually go with the newer/better version, IE8. IE is faster, and safer than IE 7, and with the 'compatibility mode' feature, you don't have to worry about pages appearing differently.
Here is a link to get you started:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/than...

Good luck!
-Kyler IE8 Outreach Team

I personally find IE8 to be a bloated piece of crap compared to IE7. To the OP, try to remove any add-ons from IE7 as they can cause it to crash. Also change all settings back to the defaults.
m
l
December 30, 2009 3:12:21 PM

Good call Grumpy. I recall way back I had some weird issue with explorer crashing along with IE and in the end what cured it was removing one of the add ons and reinstalling it.

In my case it was flash related.
m
l
January 4, 2010 1:22:12 AM

I would 4th that you should get Firefox. Very simple and quite a deal faster than IE7.
m
l
!