Plasticjesus690

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2008
I just built my htpc with a gigbyte m785gm hdmi

I have windows 7 on it 2gb of ram 3.0ghz regor 250 and an older 250 gb hd.It is hooked up to my tv VIA HDMI at 720p.The videos shutters every once in a while and then catches up.Or gets jittery. I was having the same problem on my previous media set up which had an 8800gts powering the playback.I find it strange that when I hook my brothers shitty dv5000 up via the vga cable all of the videos play back perfectly. I know my graphics card both the igp 4200 and the 8600gts are way better then the card in that laptop. I have tried installing codecs tired using VLC and Windows media player. I have even updated to the latest drivers. Any hlep would be greatly appreciated.

belial2k

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
You also probably need to adjust your CCC settings...they usually need some tweaking. Just play the video in a smaller screen and make the tweaks so you can see how things change in real time. Also, running windows 7 on 2gb of ram is not going to get the best results. I would suggest bumping it up to 4gb.

RWpritchett is another user, probably the one who told supe how to fix it when he had a problem.

I had a similiar problem with playing media (different players though) on my Win7 HTPC, but it was fixed via an update to the players. I also had some slight trouble after that, but I think it was fixed through an automatic update, because I haven't seen it in a few weeks.

You might want to try a different player and see what happens.

Supe_

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
^+1 MadAdmiral. He has helped me out a couple of times. I am thinking of building a shrine. LOL
@Plasticjesus - what are you using as your mediaplayer where you are having the problems?

Plasticjesus690

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2008
Yea I know 2gb isnt ideal but it runs really smooth considering. If ddr2 ram was as dirt cheap as it was xmas before last I would be all over it lol. So downgrade the drivers and tweak some settings ill report back when I know. What settings should I look for in CCC. I know my tv the resolution automatically set itself to 720p Maybe Lowering it would help?

Plasticjesus690

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2008

I have tried everything from VLC to WMC and Windows media player. I have tried the klite codec pack. ITs not a constant problem it will happen randomly throughout the move were everything gets all choppy or the video gets all sluggish/jittery its hard to describe lol.

Supe_

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
Ooops, Made a mistake. I meant rollback to 9.8. Here is a link to the 64bit to make it easier. The 32 bit is there also.
http://drivers.softpedia.com/progDownload/ATI-Catalyst-Suite-98-for-Vista-Win-7-x64-Download-82697.html
I would also suggest following Belial2K's advice first. Play around a bit with CCC settings. I would leave the TV at 720P for now. Is your tv 1080P or 720P?

But I would also highly suggest CCC 9.8 because there are definite problems with 9.9 and on. My major problem was WMC would stall with no video playback at all after coming out of S3 sleep.

Plasticjesus690

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2008
Yea its the 32 inch sony bravia KDL somthing lol. It is 720p but does 1080i. When connected to the laptop with a vga cable it was at umm 1300X768 or somthign along those lines I will check when I get home. What settings should I look for in CCC.I guess my major question is weather or not the hardware can support what im doing. I have read that it can and the specs say it can so this is all very annoying lol.

Plasticjesus690

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2008
Ok so I figured it out finally. It was a bad hardrive. The hardrive tested fine with hdat 2 times and seatools once but it was really loud so on a gut feeling I cloned it over and now everything works perfectly. Thank you so much Supe and Mad for all your help. You guys have really made this place somwere I want to become a part of :)