Solved

5770 update and display problem

Hi i just upgraded my graphics card from 9800gt to his 5770, first time ati graphics card.
anyway i uninstalled the drivers for 9800gt and restart, installed ati card and the drivers but i seem

to accounted a problem or perhaps misunderstanding.

my computer details
Duo core 8400
motherboard p5k se epu
Graphics ati his 5770
monitor LG w2261v / 21.5 inch
connected via hdmi cable
windows 7 ultimate

i used the drivers that i got with the card and they work fine but when i update a problem occurs.
when i select resolution at 1080p it doesnt use the full screen eg, black boarder around the used screen

the monitor is 1080p

so i went back to the update that came with the cd, games run fine other except
Order Of War which also displays a black boarder around the screen

i went to the control center and right clicked on the monitor and forced it to be 1080p it seemed to work but is this solution long term ?

Thanks
2 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 5770 update display problem
  1. Best answer
    Open CCC and somewhere in the display configuration for your monitor, ensure that there is no over/underscan. For some reason my CCC had a small degree of underscan turned on which led to the black bars you mentioned.

A word of caution, when you start your games up and pick the native resolution the underscan may show up again. Just turn on any options for windowed mode and/or full screen and then turn off windowed mode again and the black bars should go away. Hope that helps!
  2. Best answer selected by republicano.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Drivers Graphics Cards ATI Graphics