Audio over Bluetooth on Windows XP

elevenbrandrider

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2009
I have a philips fidelio AS351 speaker and am running windows xp on my laptop. It can discover the speaker via bluetooth, but cant seem to stream audio to it, even though it is listed under "audio devices" in the "bluetooth devices" box. Philips doesn't have any software for it on their website either.

Also, under the "Services" tab it only lists the COM port "SPP." But that doesn't give me anything to work with regarding audio streaming.

I'm wondering if someone knows how to connect Windows XP SP3 to Philips Fidelio AS351 via Bluetooth.

Thanks.

mdarer

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012

Have you gotten a reply to this issue? I'm running into today also!

elevenbrandrider

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2009
Nope, apparently there's no solution and the AS351 only works with android devices. Some developer should get on this... seems like it'd be a simple fix for someone with a bluetooth programming background. I thought there would be some standard bluetooth audio streaming stack but it looks like the world of bluetooth protocols is fairly eratic and there's no one standard for seemingly simply operations like streaming audio.

G

I´ve got it working with a samsung galaxy and with an old nokia (bluetooh password is 0000) but with windows 7 it is recognized as an earphone but does not synchronize