Viewing laptop dvd on a TV with TV out

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
July 29, 2004 6:59:55 AM

Is it possible to play a dvd on a laptop and watch it on tv if the
laptop has tv out?

Someone said they thought this was not possible due to macrovision or
something else on the laptop but not sure.

More about : viewing laptop dvd

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 29, 2004 7:10:52 AM

GTT wrote:
> Is it possible to play a dvd on a laptop and watch it on tv if the
> laptop has tv out?
>
> Someone said they thought this was not possible due to macrovision or
> something else on the laptop but not sure.

Not a problem. You will need to have DvD player software installed. On my
Windows notebook it's necessary to enable the video display in the display
properties, and set it as the primary display, so that DirectX will send the
image to the video. Otherwise the video screen will be black.

Macrovision is intended to be displayed on a TV monitor, and is designed to
foil people who want to copy to tape.
--

Mike Russell
www.geigy.2y.net

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 02:59:55 GMT, GTT <gthorley@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Is it possible to play a dvd on a laptop and watch it on tv if the
>laptop has tv out?
>
>Someone said they thought this was not possible due to macrovision or
>something else on the laptop but not sure.

It depends on how your DVD software handles Macrovision. Some
remove it, some don't. I rip my DVDs to my hard drive (to save
carrying my drive around) and stripped Macrovision off in the process,
so I haven't had this issue.
Emanuel
!