Intermittent WIrless Connection - Samsung R510 Laptop

jamiea

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2010
I have a Samsung R510 laptop with an Atheros wireless card. Lately, the wireless connectivity has become unreliable. It will be fine for a while, but it will then gradually slow down and finally stop working at all. If I plug the machine into the router with an ehternet cable, all is fine. Other machines on the wireless connection have no problems at all.

So far, I have carried out a complete restore, returning the machine to the factory settings. I have also downloaded the latest drivers for the wireless card, but to no avail.

Any suggestions?

G

If you are utterly satisfied that the wireless adapter is on the fritz (like it doesn't work in the same room as the router) I would just add a new USB or PCMCIA wireless adapter.

jamiea

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2010
If you are utterly satisfied that the wireless adapter is on the fritz (like it doesn't work in the same room as the router) I would just add a new USB or PCMCIA wireless adapter.

Thank you for the reply. I am fairly convinced that the card is the problem and agree that an adaptor is the easiest way to sort it out.

Regards,

James.

carol56

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010

HI as i am having the same problem laptop been back twice and they say they have changed wireless card and reinstalled os but it seems they have only restored to an earlier date as i now have emails and photos from 04 09 on laptop and still having the same problem dropping connection only not as often as before gratefull for any help also 2 other laptops have no problem with wireless connection