I want to build a high end system which I intend to use at my home office to run 3D modelling (Max/Maya/Revit), audio-visual editing, and usual surfing and fun applications. I am not a gamer.
Still, as a gadget addict/enthusiast, I want to get the best out there for a justifiable budget . I'm planning to order most components from newegg/ebay (unless you can make some better recommendations.
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: 2 weeks BUDGET RANGE: +/- USD 2000 / After Rebates SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Self-satisfaction , 3D modelling, Photoshop, surfing the internet, watching movies) PARTS NOT REQUIRED: ( keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers) PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: (newegg.com, ebay.com COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: UAE PARTS PREFERENCES: Intel i7, Asus/Gigabyte MoBo, Corsair/OCZ RAM, used to use nVidia but open to suggestions, SSD for system drive OVERCLOCKING: Maybe, never tried before! SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Maybe MONITOR RESOLUTION: (1680x1050, 1920x1080, 1920x1200)
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: (A quiet PC, not much into BIOS manipulation, path to upgrade )
I am currently looking at the following (please help me decide the alternatives, and do let me know if some of what I'm suggesting will be just a waste of money for the sort of uses I need):
* CPU: i7-950 or i7-975 Extreme (is it worth the $400 difference?)
* MoBo: ASUS P6X58D Premimum or Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 (or UD7??)
* Memory: 12 GB of Corsair Dominator 1600 or OCZ platinum/gold
* Video: ATI (HD 5970 or 5870??) or nVidia (GTX 285 or 295 ??) 1 or 2 GB?? (most undecided yet)
* Case: I have no knowledge, but read good reviews of Corsair Obsidian 800D, Cooler Master HAF 932, Thermaltake Armor+.... please recommend something for me here, I do not want a flashy case but rather an elegant simple one with good specs.
* Power Supply: Corsair 850TX, Thermaltake or Antec equivalents?
* System HDD: Thinking of an SSD to speed boot-up and all: Intel 160GB, OCZ 120 GB?? or should I just settle for a 300GB WD @10k rpm?
* Data HDD: 2 TB WD Black
* Cooler fan: Cooler Master Hyper 212+ or Thermaltake V1 AX or something else?