Internet on router keeps going down

G

The internet on the router appears to disconnect often. The router and wireless all seem to be fine. And the light on the router just shows that the internet is off. And eventually it will reconnect from a min to a few mins this takes.

This has been happening since some not so heavy snow fell in the UK 2 weeks ago or so. Is it our problem or the ISP/telecoms company that maintain the lines? or is it just coincidence.

Any advise on possible fixes. I have reset settings on router ect. the wireless network in the house is fine. it's just the internet on the router that goes down.

G

If it's ADSL could be water in the junction box -- my phone line has been so bad that the phone won't ring (I can tell there's a call only from the caller display unit).

HavoCnMe

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
Usually when it comes and goes, it is line oriented, could be the wiring in your home, from the box to your home, or the cable from your wall to your router just going bad. Unfortunately the only one "you" can test is the "wall to your router."

HavoCnMe

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
If you had a Linksys BEFCMU10 modem you could check the line level getting to the modem by going to 192.168.100.0, again nothing that can really help you right now.