ASUS ATI 4600 GPU's and the fan falling off

Christopher1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
Has anyone else had a problem with the ASUS EAH4670's cooling fan falling off or making the most GODAWFUL noise? I've had this problem and ASUS is giving me the 'run around' even though my graphics card is still in the warranty period.
If so, have you managed to get ASUS to honor the warranty and/or send you a new heatsink fan?

Solution
ASUS has about the worst customer support ever, very hard to get help with anything unless you simply and forcefully demand an RMA.. I have heard of fans failing on just about all of their non reference 4000 series line up

daedalus685

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
ASUS has about the worst customer support ever, very hard to get help with anything unless you simply and forcefully demand an RMA.. I have heard of fans failing on just about all of their non reference 4000 series line up

Solution

Christopher1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006

Wow..... they are that bad with the customer service? I didn't like that they said that you needed a 'serial number' (which, paradoxically, they always have a deal on sending the UPC thing in which HAS the serial number on it!), but I didn't think they were that bad.... maybe I'll just use the old 'phone' instead of their internet thing.