Why does my processor run at 100

rripper

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2010
Hello,my processor always runs at 100% any ideas why?
I ran adaway, spybot and have PC Tools spyware doctor running, cleaned all the bugs I could find out and still runs at 100%...

moody89

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009
I would recommend SUPERAntiSpyware, it's a very good all-round utility with a high-detection rate. The free version will allow you to perform a system scan. Be careful for false positives though since it's a powerful scanner.

Link: http://www.superantispyware.com/

In my opinion, Spybot S&D is long dead and causes more problems than its worth nowadays. Spyware Doctor is ok but it's too bloated for my liking. MalwareBytes is another good tool but I don't think it does as good a job as SUPERAntiSpyware.

Also check that you don't have too much stuff running in the background. If you're anti-virus solution is scanning and you're not aware of it, this could cause high CPU usage for example. Does the computer feel slow at all? Also if you use the Task Manager and check under the Processes tab it will tell you which processes are using your CPU and at what percentage.

If you notice any processes that are suspiciously high post back and we'll go from there. Good luck :)

While not definitive, it can often help to identify what process is causing the trouble.

Control Alt Delete - Go to the processes tab. In the lower left corner there's a check box that says "Show Processes from All Users" - check that. Look for high usage numbers to identify what you want to look at.

If you're not sure about a generic process (svchost.exe comes up a lot), you may right click it and select more in the pop up menu - 'Show Usage', I believe is the correct one.

rripper

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2010

OK, I will uninstall spybot and spyware doctor (I was wondering about spyware doctor) and install what you suggest.
Thanks

rripper

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2010

I don't see svchost.exe running and there is no one program taking a lot of cpu usage in the task manager and even when I close some programs that I don't need and/or I don't want running in the background the usage stays at 100%.

moody89

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009
svchost.exe should definitely be running. Are you logged in as an administrator and did you definitely check the box that says "Show prcoesses from All Users"?

Does your system feel slow to use or is it still ok despite it being at 100% usage?

rripper

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2010
yes, svchost is running..sorry...and I checked the processes box and the problem was windows error reporting so I turned off error reporting and stopped the error reporting process and that was taking up 99% of my usage but I tried to uninstall spyware doctor and got the error C:program Files\Spyware Doctor\uninsooo.msg is missing and would not uninstall?

moody89

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009
Oh the good old Windows Error Reporting service...that's one of the first things that gets disabled when I do a fresh install...that along with the indexing service ;) You can permanently disable it by going Start-->Run and typing 'services.msc' without the quotes. Scroll down in the list until you find "Error Reporting Service" or "Windows Error Supporting Service" right click it, go to properties. You can then stop the service and change its startup type to disabled.

For a complete list of services check here:

http://www.blackviper.com/

Use the 'SAFE' option of the tables if you're unsure.

As far as Spyware Doctor goes, I can only recommend installing it again straight over the top of your existing installation. This will then hopefully reinstate the missing unins000.msg file, allowing you to then remove it as normal in the Control Panel.

Hope this helps!

Tyler_98

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
It is b'cus you have all that crap on you computer. The less running
apps on you computer the faster and cooler it will be.
And use Avast.
How to fix...
1. Don't use al lot of programs at the same time. :non:
2. use avast to git ride of bugs. :pt1cable:
3. And git rid of all the other unused programs on your computer. :bounce:
AND YOUR DONE! :ouch: