I5 3750k + G.Skill f3 Sniper 8GB. Will it work?

Solution
G
slightly dated articles but still relevant
Sandy Bridge Memory Scaling: Choosing the Best DDR3
Final Words
I think we confirmed what we pretty much knew all along: Sandy Bridge's improved memory controller has all but eliminated the need for extreme memory bandwidth, at least for this architecture. It's only when you get down to DDR3-1333 that you see a minor performance penalty. The sweet spot appears to be at DDR3-1600, where you will see a minor performance increase over DDR3-1333 with only a slight increase in cost. The performance increase gained by going up to DDR3-1866 or DDR3-2133 isn't nearly as pronounced.
High-Density DDR3: Five Dual-Module 8GB Kits Compared
Our choice: G.Skill Ripjaws...

raytseng

Honorable
May 15, 2012
memory can be overclocked independently from the cpu now.

So you shouldn't pay extra for "special" high speed ram if that money can be better spent elsewhere.

So to answer your question, your CPU overclock should work regardless of the ram you choose.

G

yes it will work but anything past 1600 RAM will have a small difference in performance and isn't really worth it.

weddingnails

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012

Oh I see. Thank you

So, if the difference is that small, may you suggest a better set of RAMS? I chose those because the price difference between these and a 1600 kit was little, so I just chose it because of the newegg rating.. Thanks.

G

slightly dated articles but still relevant
Sandy Bridge Memory Scaling: Choosing the Best DDR3
Final Words
I think we confirmed what we pretty much knew all along: Sandy Bridge's improved memory controller has all but eliminated the need for extreme memory bandwidth, at least for this architecture. It's only when you get down to DDR3-1333 that you see a minor performance penalty. The sweet spot appears to be at DDR3-1600, where you will see a minor performance increase over DDR3-1333 with only a slight increase in cost. The performance increase gained by going up to DDR3-1866 or DDR3-2133 isn't nearly as pronounced.
High-Density DDR3: Five Dual-Module 8GB Kits Compared
Our choice: G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

If we were building the ultimate LGA 1155-based system today, we’d select G.Skill’s 8GB DDR3-1600 dual-channel kit for its support of tight DDR3-1600 timings. As seen in our System Builder Marathon, our overclocked performance systems rarely use excessively high data rates because they do not noticeably boost the performances of the applications and games we use in our tests.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231314
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB $44.99

Solution