Cases similar to antec p180/182/183

neraken

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
So like the title says are there any alternative (and hopefully cheaper) cases that have the similar minimalist design of the antec p180/182/183 (maybe the quietness, but the design more of an issue)

thanks

antec_rep

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
Hi Neraken,

Are you experiencing problems with the Antec P series? If so, please let us know so we could help you resolve this issue. We have a new cases coming up next month, the lanboy air and the dark fleet cases. Please let me know if you have any questions, I will be more than happy to answer them.

Regards,
Antec

neraken

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
I probably worded my post wrong so I would like to correct this

I like the design of the p180s but unfortunately my budget for my new computer cant have a computer case over $120

Is there any case (maybe the new antec series? :D) that feature a sleek outer shell, maybe a door (but not a deal breaker) and have the ports on top?

motamedn

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
Neraken: Have you checked out the Antec Solo? It has quite a few features of the p180 series and it also has a suspension HD mounting system to minimize noise. For my money, I still think the p183 is better (better cooling etc), but you may want to give the solo a look. And I think the finish is glossy black like the sonata series. I think silentpcreview.com did a decent review of them. Come to think of it, their front page article is a cheaper version similar to the 180 series although they say the build quality of Antec is hard to beat. Its by some company in Europe called fractal. here's a link: http://www.silentpcreview.com/fractal-r2

Antec_Rep: I'm also looking to buy a case for a new computer. Like many others I fell in love with the Sonata line. I have bought several of them in the past but they've housed older computers for me. I am building a new one with a 5770 and I hear there may be a squeeze in space with the sonata III/elite..Are there going to be any new sonata type cases released soon? What heading will the dark fleet cases fall under (gaming, performance, sonata)? Will they use that SOLO HD suspension system?

If they made a "larger sonata" they would probably call it something else.

The sonata should hold a 5770 or 5850. People buying the more expensive large cards are generally expected to buy full towers like the 1200.

Here is a link to all of antecs cases. There are multiple sonata models
http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php?Series=MTU=

antec_rep

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008

Hi Starges,

A few months ago, Newegg had the P180 for $50. If you are not in a rush for a case, I'd definitely wait. If you need the case asap, I suggest maybe an Antec 900. I've been seeing the price dropping on the 900 since we have a newer 902 model. The 900 has a lot of 120mm fans and good airflow. I think the 900 is priced somewhere between $90-$110? Antec 300 is also a decent case, if you plan on buying the 300, I would recommend buying the one with the two fans in the front panel. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks
Antec

antec_rep

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
If anyone have Microcenter nearby and needs a case, I believe the 902 is Microcenter's is deal of the day. Right now they have the price at $100, but they will update the price early Friday morning so I'm thinking maybe $80? :)