Did I Fry my Motherboard?

Arcology

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2008
Hoping I didn't just ruin my mobo.

Using a logitech usb controller connected to a back mobo usb slot (playstation style) my computer instantly turned off after using it for a minute. In the past I noticed it (the controller and connector usb) got very hot when plugged into a usb port that was connected to a pci-e slot addon.

I know that was an obvious warning... but I wanted to play some final fantasy. Initially after this occurred, my computer would turn on (I would hear the fans start up) then stop completely for a few seconds, before turning on again. Now upon starting it up the fans come on and stay on which I thought was an odd change. During all this I nothing has come up on the monitor (i've used a different monitor/connector too.)

Tomorrow I'll probably open it up and try to sure up all the connections but it seems odd to me that the fans come on and spin as normal but I can't get any sort of post on screen.

If anyone has a tip or a "yea your mobo is dead" it would be appreciated.

-thanks -btw I have an ASUS P5Q PRO mobo, not that I think it'd matter

Arcology

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2008
Thanks for the tip. I'll go try that now, apparently though, my mobo model doesn't have pins for resetting the CMOS so I guess i'll just remove the battery for a minute (while powered off of course) and put it back in.