Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Phenom ii 560 core unlock

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
September 1, 2012 11:20:48 AM

i have succesfully unlocked the cores of phenomii 560.but now i have noticed that i having a 95w tdp mobo.and the tdp of 4 core unlocked phnom ii 560 is 125 w.but i am having no stability issues or whatsoever even at full load.

More about : phenom 560 core unlock

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
September 1, 2012 11:25:28 AM

It might be have a 95w TDP when fully unlocked considering that it is only 3.3GHz and probably has a low stock voltage due to it being a dual core CPU by default. Have you done any stress tests?
m
0
l
September 1, 2012 3:25:04 PM

blazorthon said:
It might be have a 95w TDP when fully unlocked considering that it is only 3.3GHz and probably has a low stock voltage due to it being a dual core CPU by default. Have you done any stress tests?


yea i did.i used prime95 and ran blend test for 7 minutes.i also play 3d games without a hiccup and stability issue and hw monitor shows that cpuvcore max is 1.3v
m
0
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
September 1, 2012 3:27:44 PM

Then you should be fine. How are the temps?
m
0
l
September 1, 2012 3:44:41 PM

blazorthon said:
Then you should be fine. How are the temps?


idle=45c
70-80% load i.e. while playing games-64-68
and full load-77c
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
September 1, 2012 3:46:19 PM

I'd like them a little lower, but they look safe, although I'm not sure about that 77c number. It looks like it's getting kinda high. Are you using the stock cooler from the Phenom II x2 CPU?
m
0
l
September 1, 2012 3:59:05 PM

blazorthon said:
I'd like them a little lower, but they look safe, although I'm not sure about that 77c number. It looks like it's getting kinda high. Are you using the stock cooler from the Phenom II x2 CPU?


yea
m
0
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
September 1, 2012 3:59:57 PM

Well, that explains it. It looks like you should be fine, but I don't think that putting that CPU at full load with that cooler is the best idea for longevity. I could be underestimating its thermal tolerance, but I like to be careful. You might want to get say a cheap $20-30 cooler just to be safe. Heck, a decent cooler would also mean plenty of overclocking headroom if you want to give that a try.
Share
September 1, 2012 4:12:01 PM

blazorthon said:
Well, that explains it. It looks like you should be fine, but I don't think that putting that CPU at full load with that cooler is the best idea for longevity. I could be underestimating its thermal tolerance, but I like to be careful. You might want to get say a cheap $20-30 cooler just to be safe. Heck, a decent cooler would also mean plenty of overclocking headroom if you want to give that a try.

ok thanx
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
September 1, 2012 4:34:29 PM

Glad to help.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
September 1, 2012 4:39:16 PM

If you have no other questions, then please select a best answer so that other people know that this thread is finished. If you have more questions later on, then feel free to start a new thread and/or PM me.
m
0
l
September 1, 2012 5:12:26 PM

Best answer selected by omgzombie.
m
0
l
!