Which case?

• Corsair Obsidian 650D

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Silverstone Raven 2

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

tecmo34

Administrator
I had the same dilemma when I wanted to switch out / upgrade my original Antec 1200. I went with the Corsair 650D over the Silverstone Raven 2. I'm happy with my decision and would recommend this case or any of the Obsidian cases.

DSC_0524.jpg

Well the Raven is a better with cooling and silence whereas the 650D is better with cable management.. I'll vote for the Raven since I too faced the dilemma between it and the Obsidian 800D/700D and ended up getting the Raven.. For USB 3.0, there is the new Raven 03 available..

www.silverstonetek.com/raven/products/index.php?model=RV03&area=usa

IMO, the cable management has been improved compared to RV02.. Here is a user review -

hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1600374

do you have the Silverstone Fortress FT03B as well there(right side)?

More pics of that one please. pm them so i do not thread jack...been eying that case.

tecmo34

Administrator

If for an everyday computer, I would never pay $200 for a case. I would go with a Cooler Master 430 or Antec 300. The Corsair 650D is a great gaming case (I have had no issues and that is my main purpose of my system). It is on par or better than my original Antec 1200 (at least in my opinion / experience).

ghnader hsmithot

Distinguished

so you play games?

tecmo34

Administrator
I play COD4, COD MW2, COD BO, Crysis, Mass Effects to just name a few... System was built to play games, mainly. I do some light picture editing and video editing for the stuff my wife likes to take / record.

ghnader hsmithot

Distinguished

With 2 gtx 560's all games should be maxxed out.And do have a 2d surround setup?

tecmo34

Administrator
I don't have a 2D Surround setup, at this time. How my current desk is setup, it doesn't lend to this option. I game at 1920x1200, so as you stated games are pretty much maxed out for "eye-candy". It is a plan to look at 2D Surround down the road when I get a new desk (or stop upgrading what's in on the inside :lol: ).

jbr613

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
Great contributions everyone, though frankly, I'm still torn. The poll, FWIW, is evenly split.
I gather that Raven is superior in cooling and quiet. Corsair has the lead in cable mgt, build quality, USB 3.0.
Is that a fair summary?

Well yeah.. Its more or less that way when you compare the Raven 02 and the 650D.. But with the RV03 out, you should throw it in the mix.. And since it has few nice improvements over the RV02, IMO it should replace the RV02 in the comparison.. Its a full tower though..