How can I turn the shutter sound off on the v710?

Can someone tell me how to turn the sound off for the camera shutter
on the V710? I've read the manual and played around in settings
forever! The only options I can see are to choose different sounds,
but none is not an option?

Also, if anyone knows... When I hit the menu key in camera mode, the
video display blocks out 2/3 of the menu. When I navigate the menu, I
can sort of see the top items between button presses, but they are
always obscured by the video. Is there a way to turn the video off so
that I can see the whole menu.

Finally, is there a way to change the display on the exterior of the
phone? Thanks,

Rob

> Can someone tell me how to turn the sound off for the camera shutter
> on the V710? I've read the manual and played around in settings
> forever! The only options I can see are to choose different sounds,
> but none is not an option?
>
> Also, if anyone knows... When I hit the menu key in camera mode, the
> video display blocks out 2/3 of the menu. When I navigate the menu, I
> can sort of see the top items between button presses, but they are
> always obscured by the video. Is there a way to turn the video off so
> that I can see the whole menu.
>
> Finally, is there a way to change the display on the exterior of the
> phone? Thanks,
>
> Rob

Who is your carrier?

Telus (Canada); they tell me it is a privacy thing! bahhh!

-Rob

Tropical Haven <user@example.net> wrote in message news:<4234FE63.3010407@example.net>...
> > Can someone tell me how to turn the sound off for the camera shutter
> > on the V710? I've read the manual and played around in settings
> > forever! The only options I can see are to choose different sounds,
> > but none is not an option?
> >
> > Also, if anyone knows... When I hit the menu key in camera mode, the
> > video display blocks out 2/3 of the menu. When I navigate the menu, I
> > can sort of see the top items between button presses, but they are
> > always obscured by the video. Is there a way to turn the video off so
> > that I can see the whole menu.
> >
> > Finally, is there a way to change the display on the exterior of the
> > phone? Thanks,
> >
> > Rob
>
> Who is your carrier?

Duh

"Tropical Haven" <user@example.net> wrote in message
> Can someone tell me how to turn the sound off for the camera shutter
> on the V710? I've read the manual and played around in settings
> forever! The only options I can see are to choose different sounds,
> but none is not an option?
>
> Also, if anyone knows... When I hit the menu key in camera mode, the
> video display blocks out 2/3 of the menu. When I navigate the menu, I
> can sort of see the top items between button presses, but they are
> always obscured by the video. Is there a way to turn the video off so
> that I can see the whole menu.
>
> Finally, is there a way to change the display on the exterior of the
> phone? Thanks,
>
> Rob

Who is your carrier?

Well let's just see, I'm posting a question about my V710 in the newsgroups
alt.cellular.cingular, I wonder who my carrier might be.

> Who is your carrier?
>
> Well let's just see, I'm posting a question about my V710 in the newsgroups
> alt.cellular.cingular, I wonder who my carrier might be.

The Motorola V710 is a phone that utilized Qualcomm's CDMA technology
(code division multiple access).

Cingular uses a GSM (Global System for Mobile communications) system.

CDMA and GSM are not compatible.

TH