Win XP Big Disappointment!!!

jc14all

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2001
If you are running Win2k, don't be inticed to upgrade to Win XP. It seems that Win XP is just a lot of hot air. <A HREF="http://www.infoworld.com/articles/tc/xml/01/10/29/011029tcwinxp.xml" target="_new">SLOW!</A>

JC-------<*){{{>{~~~~~
Fisher of men

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
"Windows 2000 demonstrated that under the same heavy load on identical hardware, Windows 2000 significantly outperformed Windows XP. In the most extreme scenario, our Windows XP system took nearly twice as long to complete a workload as did the Windows 2000 client."

gg

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...

G

"InfoWorld Disses Windows XP: Who Do You Trust?
InfoWorld stood alone this week when it declared that Windows XP significantly underperformed Windows 2000 and Windows 9x in its tests. Not only do the controversial InfoWorld results fly in the face of Microsoft's published results and actual real-world use, they refute every independent XP performance test performed to date. One gets the idea that ... nah ... InfoWorld was trying to make XP lose. Don't believe me? Consider this: The following organizations have tested XP, independently of Microsoft: CNET/ZDNET, eTesting Labs, eWeek, PC Magazine, and PC World. All these independent labs came to the same conclusion: XP meets or exceeds the performance of Win2K and Win9x. The InfoWorld results are also at odds with real-world XP use, which already includes hundreds of thousands of beta testers, tens of thousands of IT professionals and developers, and hundreds of thousands of enterprise customers. "Microsoft has not received any indications that users are experiencing reduced performance compared with Windows 2000," a company spokesperson said. "We have had extensive feedback that Windows XP is better performing than Windows 9x." Go figure. And yet, you just know that every anti-Microsoft site on the planet is going to run with the InfoWorld story and not any of the positive stories. Ain't life grand?"

http://www.wininformant.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=23106

Well I'm running WinXP Pro and I haven't noticed it to be less fast than Win98SE

- Johan

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by jeebee on 11/06/01 06:11 AM.</EM></FONT></P>