  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
July 17, 2005 6:48:05 PM

I haven't played much and am still learning. So I have created some
people that I don't play anymore and what I thought should be a family
but ended up being room mates.
After a failed courting she left the house. Well, they fell in love and
I had him propose marriage which she declined and he cried and cried.
Now I would like to start all over with a new couple and I don't want
my other people to be in the game. Can I delete them without re-
installing the game?

--
Kate

Ved privat svar fjern spamme.
If you want to reach me remove spamme.

More about : starting beginning

Anonymous
July 17, 2005 7:11:41 PM

Kate <km1111dljspamme@oliwer.dk> wrote in

> I haven't played much and am still learning. So I have created
> some people that I don't play anymore and what I thought should be
> a family but ended up being room mates.
> After a failed courting she left the house. Well, they fell in
> love and I had him propose marriage which she declined and he
> cried and cried. Now I would like to start all over with a new
> couple and I don't want my other people to be in the game. Can I
> delete them without re- installing the game?

Yes. Move them to the sim bin and highlight the one you want to
delete. Then press the small trash can in the lower right-hand
corner.

--
Mike
A bad standard is better than nothing. It gives you something to

Yes, you can delete them easily from within the game - from the Sim Bin - so
if they're living on a lot, evict them. When you click on the family, a
little dustbin will appear somewhere on the information screen (can't
remember exactly where, sorry). Press this and they're gone. You can
delete most things from inside the game (except Maxis original skins and
objects). Be warned, however, that though the sims are no longer available
and showing in the neighbourhood, they live on as files in your
neighbourhood folder. This is not usually a problem unless you have very
large neighbourhoods. You can delete them with SimPE - you have to watch it
though as this can cause memory problems for any sims that knew them. It
doesn't sound like you need to worry about that though.

I hardly ever can bring myself to delete sims but then I don't mind if they
cry and cry - in fact, usually cause it. Ha! I have this attitude that
this is the only life they're gonna get so they better get on with it and
failed relationships are not a reason to give up and they can wail and gnash
their teeth as much as they like but they're still going to work in the
morning. I think I must be hard-hearted. I have just discovered a method
to save sims from the within the game (i.e. ones bred in game or made in
CAS) so that they appear in Bodyshop. Very useful.

Best wishes
Maxon

"Kate" <km1111dljspamme@oliwer.dk> wrote in message
> I haven't played much and am still learning. So I have created some
> people that I don't play anymore and what I thought should be a family
> but ended up being room mates.
> After a failed courting she left the house. Well, they fell in love and
> I had him propose marriage which she declined and he cried and cried.
> Now I would like to start all over with a new couple and I don't want
> my other people to be in the game. Can I delete them without re-
> installing the game?
>
> --
> Kate
>
> Ved privat svar fjern spamme.
> If you want to reach me remove spamme.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
July 17, 2005 9:04:23 PM

"Maxon" <jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote in

Thanks, Maxon and Mike

I will try to delete from within the game. I did look in the games
folder and gave up on deleting anything there, didn't look wise to
touch anything there :-)

> I hardly ever can bring myself to delete sims but then I don't
> mind if they cry and cry - in fact, usually cause it. Ha! I have
> this attitude that this is the only life they're gonna get so they
> better get on with it and failed relationships are not a reason to
> give up and they can wail and gnash their teeth as much as they
> like but they're still going to work in the morning. I think I
> must be hard-hearted.

I am not too happy about deleting them either. Only thing is, the man I
created and don't play anymore is showing up all the time and nobody
likes him. They tend to argue with him I think. Love to imagine their
conversations :-)
And the couple who is not a couple just plain annoy _me_. I wanted to
have a family and since the first one I made ended quickly I wanted to
start from scratch with a new couple.
I created a man earlier who got married and had a child but he was old
before I got the "try for baby" idea :-) meaning I had no clue for a
long time as to how I made them Yahoo. So when the child was a mere
baby his father died and the mother lost it. So I eventually started a
new household but they didn't start out as lovers. My 12 YO niece told
me how to create a real family and that is what I want :-)

Sorry for ranting but I think this gane is hilarious :-)

--
Kate

Ved privat svar fjern spamme.
If you want to reach me remove spamme.
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 9:33:35 PM

> I am not too happy about deleting them either. Only thing is, the man I
> created and don't play anymore is showing up all the time and nobody
> likes him. They tend to argue with him I think. Love to imagine their
> conversations :-)
> And the couple who is not a couple just plain annoy _me_. I wanted to
> have a family and since the first one I made ended quickly I wanted to
> start from scratch with a new couple.
> I created a man earlier who got married and had a child but he was old
> before I got the "try for baby" idea :-) meaning I had no clue for a
> long time as to how I made them Yahoo. So when the child was a mere
> baby his father died and the mother lost it. So I eventually started a
> new household but they didn't start out as lovers. My 12 YO niece told
> me how to create a real family and that is what I want :-)
>
> Sorry for ranting but I think this gane is hilarious :-)

Yes, yes, it's very amusing but you'd better not talk to me about fights.
I'm afraid me and Granny like them so much we like to provoke them. I think
Granny changes her sims' relationships with SimPE to -100 each just so she
can start a fight - for no reason - gasp! And don't ask her about the Cow
Plant. Me, I watch out for the 'poke' option to come up and then flog it
for all it's worth. Then I video the fight and put it on the sports
channel. We're not the only ones either... (squints at georg).

Hmmm
Best wishes
Maxon
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 9:44:16 PM

Kate <km1111dljspamme@oliwer.dk> wrote in

> I created a man earlier who got married and had a child but he was
> old before I got the "try for baby" idea :-) meaning I had no clue
> for a long time as to how I made them Yahoo.

Hmmm...since when does Yahoo offer this service? ;-)

--
Mike
It may look to you like nothing much to be