Starting from the beginning?

I haven't played much and am still learning. So I have created some
people that I don't play anymore and what I thought should be a family
but ended up being room mates.
After a failed courting she left the house. Well, they fell in love and
I had him propose marriage which she declined and he cried and cried.
Now I would like to start all over with a new couple and I don't want
my other people to be in the game. Can I delete them without re-
installing the game?

--
Kate

Ved privat svar fjern spamme.
If you want to reach me remove spamme.
5 answers Last reply
More about starting beginning

    Kate <km1111dljspamme@oliwer.dk> wrote in

    > I haven't played much and am still learning. So I have created
    > some people that I don't play anymore and what I thought should be
    > a family but ended up being room mates.
    > After a failed courting she left the house. Well, they fell in
    > love and I had him propose marriage which she declined and he
    > cried and cried. Now I would like to start all over with a new
    > couple and I don't want my other people to be in the game. Can I
    > delete them without re- installing the game?

    Yes. Move them to the sim bin and highlight the one you want to
    delete. Then press the small trash can in the lower right-hand
    corner.

    --
    Mike
    A bad standard is better than nothing. It gives you something to

    Yes, you can delete them easily from within the game - from the Sim Bin - so
    if they're living on a lot, evict them. When you click on the family, a
    little dustbin will appear somewhere on the information screen (can't
    remember exactly where, sorry). Press this and they're gone. You can
    delete most things from inside the game (except Maxis original skins and
    objects). Be warned, however, that though the sims are no longer available
    and showing in the neighbourhood, they live on as files in your
    neighbourhood folder. This is not usually a problem unless you have very
    large neighbourhoods. You can delete them with SimPE - you have to watch it
    though as this can cause memory problems for any sims that knew them. It
    doesn't sound like you need to worry about that though.

    I hardly ever can bring myself to delete sims but then I don't mind if they
    cry and cry - in fact, usually cause it. Ha! I have this attitude that
    this is the only life they're gonna get so they better get on with it and
    failed relationships are not a reason to give up and they can wail and gnash
    their teeth as much as they like but they're still going to work in the
    morning. I think I must be hard-hearted. I have just discovered a method
    to save sims from the within the game (i.e. ones bred in game or made in
    CAS) so that they appear in Bodyshop. Very useful.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    "Kate" <km1111dljspamme@oliwer.dk> wrote in message
    > I haven't played much and am still learning. So I have created some
    > people that I don't play anymore and what I thought should be a family
    > but ended up being room mates.
    > After a failed courting she left the house. Well, they fell in love and
    > I had him propose marriage which she declined and he cried and cried.
    > Now I would like to start all over with a new couple and I don't want
    > my other people to be in the game. Can I delete them without re-
    > installing the game?
    >
    > --
    > Kate
    >
    > Ved privat svar fjern spamme.
    > If you want to reach me remove spamme.

    "Maxon" <jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote in

    Thanks, Maxon and Mike

    I will try to delete from within the game. I did look in the games
    folder and gave up on deleting anything there, didn't look wise to
    touch anything there :-)

    > I hardly ever can bring myself to delete sims but then I don't
    > mind if they cry and cry - in fact, usually cause it. Ha! I have
    > this attitude that this is the only life they're gonna get so they
    > better get on with it and failed relationships are not a reason to
    > give up and they can wail and gnash their teeth as much as they
    > like but they're still going to work in the morning. I think I
    > must be hard-hearted.

    I am not too happy about deleting them either. Only thing is, the man I
    created and don't play anymore is showing up all the time and nobody
    likes him. They tend to argue with him I think. Love to imagine their
    conversations :-)
    And the couple who is not a couple just plain annoy _me_. I wanted to
    have a family and since the first one I made ended quickly I wanted to
    start from scratch with a new couple.
    I created a man earlier who got married and had a child but he was old
    before I got the "try for baby" idea :-) meaning I had no clue for a
    long time as to how I made them Yahoo. So when the child was a mere
    baby his father died and the mother lost it. So I eventually started a
    new household but they didn't start out as lovers. My 12 YO niece told
    me how to create a real family and that is what I want :-)

    Sorry for ranting but I think this gane is hilarious :-)

    --

    > I am not too happy about deleting them either. Only thing is, the man I
    > created and don't play anymore is showing up all the time and nobody
    > likes him. They tend to argue with him I think. Love to imagine their
    > conversations :-)
    > And the couple who is not a couple just plain annoy _me_. I wanted to
    > have a family and since the first one I made ended quickly I wanted to
    > start from scratch with a new couple.
    > I created a man earlier who got married and had a child but he was old
    > before I got the "try for baby" idea :-) meaning I had no clue for a
    > long time as to how I made them Yahoo. So when the child was a mere
    > baby his father died and the mother lost it. So I eventually started a
    > new household but they didn't start out as lovers. My 12 YO niece told
    > me how to create a real family and that is what I want :-)
    >
    > Sorry for ranting but I think this gane is hilarious :-)

    Yes, yes, it's very amusing but you'd better not talk to me about fights.
    I'm afraid me and Granny like them so much we like to provoke them. I think
    Granny changes her sims' relationships with SimPE to -100 each just so she
    can start a fight - for no reason - gasp! And don't ask her about the Cow
    Plant. Me, I watch out for the 'poke' option to come up and then flog it
    for all it's worth. Then I video the fight and put it on the sports
    channel. We're not the only ones either... (squints at georg).

    Hmmm
    Best wishes
    Maxon

    Kate <km1111dljspamme@oliwer.dk> wrote in

    > I created a man earlier who got married and had a child but he was
    > old before I got the "try for baby" idea :-) meaning I had no clue
    > for a long time as to how I made them Yahoo.

    Hmmm...since when does Yahoo offer this service? ;-)

    --
    Mike
    It may look to you like nothing much to be

Sims Games Video Games