Sign in with
Your question

Ssd installing

Last response: in Storage
January 12, 2012 10:45:18 AM

when i buy an ssd the only thing i have 2 do is install windows or i have to make some bios change before that and what are these change?? thnx!

More about : ssd installing

January 12, 2012 11:02:29 AM

Installing a SSD is just the same thing as installing a HDD.
January 12, 2012 11:09:57 AM

because i hear about Advanced Host Controller Interface and i dont know what is that and for what is useful..( sorry for my bay english btw) is any correlation between Advanced Host Controller Interface and ssd?
Related resources
a c 303 G Storage
January 12, 2012 12:30:09 PM

There are a lot of threads and a few good guides about this. When installing the SSD:

1) Make sure that all other drives are disconnected from the system
2) Change the drive controllers to AHCI mode
3) Let the Windows installation partition the drive
4) Sit back and be impressed.

There are a few tweaks that improve Windows' perceived performance with an SSD, or that help prolong the lifetime of the SSD. See http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ssd-performance-twe... .
Some of the points are up for debate; I personally have a pagefile on the SSD.
January 12, 2012 12:55:55 PM

Don't RAID it with your HDD.If you're going to install OS in SSD then select it as a Primary Disk and before starting the installation set you disk configuration at AHCI.
January 12, 2012 7:31:44 PM

thank u guys!
a b G Storage
January 12, 2012 7:53:53 PM

vishal s said:
Don't RAID it with your HDD.If you're going to install OS in SSD then select it as a Primary Disk and before starting the installation set you disk configuration at AHCI.

To add to this, if your mobo is an AMD board like a 990FX, and you are going to install a RAID array on it, then you DO need to set the chipset to RAID mode, which includes AHCI. It will see your SSD as a single disk, and AHCI will be active for it. After you install your OS, then you can add your other drives and build your RAID.
February 10, 2012 9:32:22 PM

16 steps to install (not counting prep)
and 18 tuning steps

http://ssd.mooo.com/

my page shows all steps, not just Plug in, install, play.

the raid system is complex, you need to find out which type of array, is for you, (speed? or loss of data) stripped sets, JBOD, etc...
there is hardware raid and software raid.
that too.

if you have enough mem, you dont need a page fail, (unless editing full movies,or loading photo shop 10 times)
i put mine up in high mem, as a ram disk. 1GB (.090mb) 32bit w7 trick,
if you run win7(64b) you can vast memory, most non gamers ,non vid editors dont care ... or need 32gb of mem.
what are you usages and Apps. ? usage and architecture are important.
!