HDD drive failure - not recognised with Ubuntu

scattycat69

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
I have a probolem that has come up before but not with a definitive answer.
I've removed the drive and disconnected the two wires, thinking I was going to try and buy a case and see if I could access the drive this way? Then someone advised to try Ubutnu and reimage repair (which I havent tried).

I've tried Ubutnu but as far as I can see nothing is detecting my hard drive. Like the other post I saw I have photographs on I would really like to try and recover. Surely there is a way someone clever knows (after all the forensics can find allsorts thesedays!)

I was in the process of having bought an external hard drive copying all the files over and only got to 'M' as the drive showed a disc error, unrecoverable ..... Photos under 'P' Ha, (the pc must have known I was superceeding it with a laptop and back up drive!

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance with my fingers, legs and eyes crossed !

scattycat69

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
Hi
Thanks for the link. Is there anything particular I should try? I tried the 'booting boot from hard drive' but it came up with an error 15: file not found?

scattycat69

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
Thanks, I did look at the link list, but could'nt really work out which one may be of use sorry ! Will try the oones you suggest. Thanks

scattycat69

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
Hi
Ive tried to find Recuva and DataRescueDD but can't find them on the disk menus? However I did find Testdisk, PhotoRec, Undelete (For fat32) and Recover (recover.exe) under Recovery tools.

I tried PhotoRec, but it says no hard disk found?