Your question

What DDR3 is faster?

Tags:
  • Asus
  • Motherboards
  • Product
Last response: in Motherboards
August 16, 2010 1:04:00 PM

This is the motherboard I want...ASUS Crosshair IV Formula.

My question is fairly easy...What is the fastestDDR3 I can put in it? I have been hearing everything from 1066-1866 and it's starting to confuse me.

I will be running an AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX.

My case is a Coolmaster Storm Sniper.

And I will be running a COOLER MASTER Intel Core i7 compatible V8 RR-UV8-XBU1-GP 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler.

I looked at the specs for my motherboard and the O.C. confused me more.

Tell me what's the fastest DDR3 I can put in my system without overclocking?

Thanks

More about : ddr3 faster

a b V Motherboard
August 16, 2010 2:53:53 PM

Your motherboard supports 2000MHz RAM. But that is a waste of money. Get a 1600MHz and you would do fine.
m
l
August 16, 2010 3:06:03 PM

hell_storm2004 said:
Your motherboard supports 2000MHz RAM. But that is a waste of money. Get a 1600MHz and you would do fine.

However, he/she was asking about what the fastest memory that he/she can get WITHOUT overclocking. And as I see it your motherboard will support up to 2000MHz as hell_storm2004 said. But without overclocking the processor the RAM will run at 1333MHz. I would, just as hell_storm2004, recommend to get a 1600MHz just so that you can still overclock in the future (and you should :p ), and the price difference is minimal.

Now we're talking about speed, then we also need to talk about timings. But I'm going to save you a lecture and just tell you that almost any pair of 1600MHz (from the well known memory brands e.g. Corsair) would do the job very well and the deal with timings is a lost cause. The increase of performance in games are miniscule.

Anyway, if you still want some bad-ass memory that has it all, I can recommend my own: Corsair Dominator GT. Rather expensive but performs well. Fan included.
m
l
Related resources
August 16, 2010 3:44:03 PM

njure said:
However, he/she was asking about what the fastest memory that he/she can get WITHOUT overclocking. And as I see it your motherboard will support up to 2000MHz as hell_storm2004 said. But without overclocking the processor the RAM will run at 1333MHz. I would, just as hell_storm2004, recommend to get a 1600MHz just so that you can still overclock in the future (and you should :p ), and the price difference is minimal.

Now we're talking about speed, then we also need to talk about timings. But I'm going to save you a lecture and just tell you that almost any pair of 1600MHz (from the well known memory brands e.g. Corsair) would do the job very well and the deal with timings is a lost cause. The increase of performance in games are miniscule.

Anyway, if you still want some bad-ass memory that has it all, I can recommend my own: Corsair Dominator GT. Rather expensive but performs well. Fan included.

Thank you very much.
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 312 V Motherboard
August 16, 2010 6:25:24 PM

Hi.

Get this G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 are very good and with a good price too.
m
l