Are these parts compatible and what do you think of this setup?

G33k311

Honorable
Jul 31, 2012
Hi, I am about to do my first watercooling attempt. Are these parts compatible with each other and do i need any screws or anything else?
XSPC RX360 Triple 120mm Radiator Rev 2.

4x Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm x 25mm Fan - 1450 RPM

10x Bitspower Ultimate G 1/4 Thread 1/2" ID x 3/4" OD Compression Fitting

PrimoChill - Threaded G 1/4 Funnel - Black (PC-GF-BK)

Swiftech MCP655-B 12v Water Pump w/ 3/8" Conversion Kit (317 GPH)

Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 150 Inline Reservoir - Ice Red

Ice GT Stealth 120 Radiator - Black

Heatkiller Rev 3.0 1156 CPU Liquid Cooling Block

4 Ft. PrimoChill PrimoFlex PRO LRT Tubing 1/2"ID 3/4"OD with 1/8" Wall - UV Red

Btw, Im gettin dual radiators due to im doin both cpu and gpu (already have gpu block). Also is Frozencpu a good place to buy? And my last question is this, I am pretty sure the reservoir doesnt come with screws, which screw would i need ( Im using HAF 932 and am doing the triple radiator on top and am trying to put the reservoir out of the case on top of the cas on top of reservoir. Sorry, that is confusing, basically i wanna put the reservoir externally on top where the fan is. Can i put the radiator screw through the reservoir into the radiator. Thnx for help:D

scopey86

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
Couple pieces of advice and some questions:

Don't buy primochill tubing, they've had issues lately with the plasticizer on the inside of the tubes leaching and clouding. Stick with Clearflex for clear tubing (my personal reccomendation) and for colored tubing maybe XSPC.

Also buy extra tubing, in case you mess up you're better off having extra, I'd reccomend maybe 8-10ft to play it safe.

I believe that the reservoir DOES include mounting brackets, it says it doesn't include fittings, which is normal. It says it has the mounting clips.

I'm a little confused on your placement of the reservoir, but it sounds like you want to mount it horizontally on top of your case correct? You won't be able to use the radiator screw through the res into the radiator the way you want to.

Also are you sure that you only need those kind of fittings? No angled adapters or anything? To be safe sit down and stare at your case and imagine where everything will go and draw it out to see if you do need any.

The resivoir should be mounted in a horizontal position because otherwise it is hard to fill it. I have the HAF-X case which is similar to the case you have and I have a dual loop setup with a resivoir placed in the front bay taking up two slots and another mounted outside in the rear just above the psu.
You need to make sure that in setting up your loop that you have a fill port and a drain port so that you can fill and empty the system easily
If your cooling the cpu and one video card then you don't need two radiators , the 360 will do. When setting up the loop you have to look at how many things that the pump has to pump the water through. In your setup it would be two radiators , two water blocks and the resivoir , you want the water to get the heat transfered to the radiator and if it slows down too much then it's not as effective so ditch the small rediator.
Frozencpu is a great place to get water cooling parts but I have found then a bit expensive and I mostly use thisplace Performancpc.com they have a huge selection and thier prices are lower that Frozencpu.
I also use Tygon tubing as it is Plasticizer free and Feser tubing is also good. For liquid I use Ultra Pure water since it has no additives and only what I add to it. You also want to use the Silver Killkoil with pure water to act as an anti microbal agent so nothing grows in your water loop.