Sign in with
Your question

Increasing Power Given To GPU?

Last response: in Overclocking
September 2, 2012 12:48:36 AM

Hello everyone,

I have a question for you all today, which is: how do I feed more power to my GPU through BIOS?. I have a AsRock H77 Pro4-m. The reason behind this is I believe my GPU does not have enough power as when I increase the clocks from the standard factory settings to 900 Core Clock, 1800 Shader and 2200 Memory, my screen flashes once and gives me a message that tells my that something about the NVIDIA thing has crashed. My graphics card is a EVGA GTX 570 1280 MB.

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks!

More about : increasing power gpu

September 2, 2012 12:56:37 AM

Use MSI Afterburner. It's a utility that lets you adjust voltage settings to your graphics card. It also lets you control fan speed, and clocks. With an adjustable fan profile, you can set your cards' fan to wind up, as temps increase.
m
l
September 2, 2012 1:09:03 AM

aaronstyle said:
Use MSI Afterburner. It's a utility that lets you adjust voltage settings to your graphics card. It also lets you control fan speed, and clocks. With an adjustable fan profile, you can set your cards' fan to wind up, as temps increase.

Oh wow! Much better then EVGA Precision, any recommendations on how much I should bump up the voltage? Don't really want to kill my card.

Thanks!
m
l
Related resources
a c 253 U Graphics card
a c 138 K Overclocking
September 2, 2012 1:35:46 AM

If you have downloaded Precision-X then you can add voltage to the video card with that software.
m
l
September 2, 2012 1:39:01 AM

inzone said:
If you have downloaded Precision-X then you can add voltage to the video card with that software.

Yeah, I had the old version of Precision. Uninstalled Afterburner because it wouldn't let me adjust the voltage clocks (yes, I did enable voltage adjust in the settings menu).
Still wondering how much of voltage bump I should do...
m
l
a c 253 U Graphics card
a c 138 K Overclocking
September 2, 2012 4:49:36 PM

When adding voltage it's always a good practice to just add the samllest increment that the adjustment allows and test to see what the result is and if needed you can add the next smallest step. That way you end up with only adding the amount that is needed instead of too much and possably damaging the card.
m
l
September 3, 2012 1:48:55 AM

I bumped up the voltage with EVGA precision to the max (1.1v). And the clocks were set at 900 Core and 2200 Memory. Easily maintained 60 FPS on BF3.

Thanks for all the help!
m
l
!