Cant access computer?

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

Hiya,
I have a sim in Uni and she was going ok until about 2 sim days ago when her
computer went strange. The desk is the right way, they chair is in front of
it and the screen is facing where she should sit. For some damn reason she
goes to the side of the desk and gets all annoyed about the computer not
being accessible?! This is really frustrating me as I use it to boost her
fun level. Anyone have this problem?
Beck.

Check to be sure the computer does not need to be repaired.
Also, do you have any 'teleport here' hacks? If so, that makes the object
in use when you teleport, unusable. Try deleting the whole set up and
putting it in again.

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 16:07:50 +1000, Beck <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> Hiya,
> I have a sim in Uni and she was going ok until about 2 sim days ago when
> her
> computer went strange. The desk is the right way, they chair is in front
> of
> it and the screen is facing where she should sit. For some damn reason
> she
> goes to the side of the desk and gets all annoyed about the computer not
> being accessible?! This is really frustrating me as I use it to boost her
> fun level. Anyone have this problem?

This happened to me without any downloaded custom content involved.
According to what I read on the Variousimmers forum, it is the chair that
gets locked in "occupied" mode. (I tested this by going in buy mode
without move_objects, and it said "can't sell object in use".) They said
to "force an error" by (shift?)-clicking on it in debug mode, this should
clear it. I did not know that at the time so I sold the chair and bought
a new, which solved the problem too.

good sign." -G

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

Just wondering, if I was to delete that chair and buy the same one again,
would that solve the problem you had? That's what I did and it just refused
to work for me. I then deleted it and bought a different one which works. In
the end I deleted that chair from my game.
Beck.
"Magnus Itland" <itlandm@online.no> wrote in message
> On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 16:07:50 +1000, Beck <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Hiya,
>> I have a sim in Uni and she was going ok until about 2 sim days ago when
>> her
>> computer went strange. The desk is the right way, they chair is in front
>> of
>> it and the screen is facing where she should sit. For some damn reason
>> she
>> goes to the side of the desk and gets all annoyed about the computer not
>> being accessible?! This is really frustrating me as I use it to boost her
>> fun level. Anyone have this problem?
>
> This happened to me without any downloaded custom content involved.
> According to what I read on the Variousimmers forum, it is the chair that
> gets locked in "occupied" mode. (I tested this by going in buy mode
> without move_objects, and it said "can't sell object in use".) They said
> to "force an error" by (shift?)-clicking on it in debug mode, this should
> clear it. I did not know that at the time so I sold the chair and bought
> a new, which solved the problem too.
>
> --
> "When someone starts bragging about how much debt they have, it's not a
> good sign." -G

If the chair is or was cloned from a lounge type chair then it will not
work.
Sims can only move the dinning style chairs.

> Just wondering, if I was to delete that chair and buy the same one again,
> would that solve the problem you had? That's what I did and it just
> refused to work for me. I then deleted it and bought a different one which
> works. In the end I deleted that chair from my game.
> Beck.
> "Magnus Itland" <itlandm@online.no> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 16:07:50 +1000, Beck <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> Hiya,
>>> I have a sim in Uni and she was going ok until about 2 sim days ago when
>>> her
>>> computer went strange. The desk is the right way, they chair is in front
>>> of
>>> it and the screen is facing where she should sit. For some damn reason
>>> she
>>> goes to the side of the desk and gets all annoyed about the computer not
>>> being accessible?! This is really frustrating me as I use it to boost
>>> her
>>> fun level. Anyone have this problem?
>>
>> This happened to me without any downloaded custom content involved.
>> According to what I read on the Variousimmers forum, it is the chair that
>> gets locked in "occupied" mode. (I tested this by going in buy mode
>> without move_objects, and it said "can't sell object in use".) They said
>> to "force an error" by (shift?)-clicking on it in debug mode, this should
>> clear it. I did not know that at the time so I sold the chair and bought
>> a new, which solved the problem too.
>>
>> --
>> "When someone starts bragging about how much debt they have, it's not a
>> good sign." -G

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

It was a chair in the dining chair section.
Thanks for all your help though, I will let the people at that site know and
hopefully, if it wasn't just a problem on my end, they can fix it.
Beck.