Sign in with
Your question

I guess ill make a thread 'bout this after all...

Last response: in CPUs
March 25, 2010 1:13:58 AM

is there a way to quieten down the stock cooler on amd socket 939 cpu?
a c 863 à CPUs
a c 337 À AMD
March 25, 2010 1:19:51 AM

Buy a different fan for it! Is your cool and quiet setting on in BIOS? With it enabled the fan speed will vary based on load (temp), disabled it will be running like a jet engine.
m
l
March 25, 2010 2:01:56 AM

i think its more the noise of the air going past the heatsink, not the actual fan...
i wont buy a new one but ill get another one (free) on saturday...
can i just use paper to make a duct from the 120mm case fan to the heatsink? would that work?
and yes i have cool n quiet enabled and under sfotware control.
also, can i get a pssavie heatsink for my k8n-neo2 motherboard? the stupid little fan down there is rather noisy, and the tiny excuse of metal around it that is suposedly a heatsink is never eve nwarm...
should i OC? my ram has heatsinks...
i am also worried about how noisy my "temperature controlled" 300w LOGIC PSU gets even when idle...the punk little 80mm fan in the back is whining and pumping out VERY HOT air...is that OK???
THANKS
m
l
March 25, 2010 9:09:37 AM

You could duct it, but be sure that the airflow for the rest of the case is ok to keep cooling. As for your 80mm fan, very hot air means that something is getting very hot. It's a good idea to check the intake fan but it sounds like something is getting hot, and it could be your PSU alright. when the fans get noisy its generally working overtime because they're overheating. Give this a read, it might shed some light on the problem
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/142
m
l
March 25, 2010 1:43:58 PM

My case also has an antec superlowairflow completely silent fan exhaustig the hot air. Anyhow, that aor doesnt seem hot. Its the psu itself getting supeehot. Because the air right behind the psu in the upper half of the case is barely warm, but even after 10mins the psu is exhaustof boili g air...
m
l
!