Is this one ok?

shovenose

Distinguished
is this one ok for mild gaming, for use on a 400w psu.
is it better than an agp 1gb radeon hd 3850?
is it better than a pci-express geforce 6800 ultra?
how many pci power connectors does it need?
is it silent?

sailer

Splendid
What? Are you making fun of some of the questions (and questioners) that sometimes appear on the forum?

OK, some people really are that ignorant. They may be working on their computer for the first time ever and don't have the vaguest idea what they're doing. At least such people are smart enough to ask before they totally screw things up. Everyone starts sometime, and everyone probably was that ignorant at some point in their lives.

Edited : :kaola:

My comment was directed to the OP, his post is incomplete [:grahamlv:1] not trying to make fun of anybody.....

okay, that is your questions, but where are the subject??
what card are u talking about?

rawoysters

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009

It appears that you are jumping to conclusions. He just made a reasonable statement. The post made no sense, he didn't name what video card he was considering. Maybe you should review YOUR posting behavior before lecturing him on his.

shovenose

Distinguished
even the one i listed is at the upper limit. i was more thking 60 but the one i listed has a qyuiet loooking cooler and is probably good enough. i would just like 2 point out that the best card i ve ever had is a 6800 ultra...

JofaMang

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2009
Then that card will definitely give you a great gaming experience. If you decide to upgrade your monitor at any point to 1680x1050 and beyond, it will choke up on you, but at that resolution, it shouldn't have any difficulty maintaining enjoyable framerates, Assuming you have a computer that can match. Your questions about AGP lead me to believe you have an older computer, and if the CPU is too dated, this might all be a wasted discussion.

If you have a decent single core CPU (say, 2.5ghz+) and 2gb of ram, you should be fine in seeing a performance boost from that videocard.