Ooling NZXT Switch 810

radmanhs

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012
Hi, i was wondering what the best setup for a nzxt switch 810 is. i heard that the only way to fit a thick 420mm rad in the top is to mod which i don't want to do, unless you use a black ice stealth?I was wonddering what the best rads are that i can fit in the top that are 360mm so i dont havee to mod, i am also wondering if it is better to use a thicker rad with only pull ou the top or a thinner rad with push pull config, i will most likely be using corsair sp performance fans with a controller, i prefer to have it have good performance, but be able to make it quiet. same with the 240 or 280 in the bottom, do you have to mod with a 280? i might also add a 120 or 140 in back, again, with the 140 will it be a really tight fit with it and the top rad?

Thanks

It's hard to make a suggestion when we don't know what your trying to cool , if your wanting to use a 420 then your wanting to cool the cpu , two video cards and the ram. Your wanting to use a 420 radiator and who knows what the number of blocks are plus your talking about a second radiator. Were going to need a fuul description of what your plans are because right now it doesn't sound too good.

Ok so if you going to cool the cpu , ram and two video cards and have a resivoir and two radiators then you may want to get two pumps for this system or have two seperate loops . The first loop cooling the cpu and ram with a 240 rad and a resivoir and a pump. Second loop cooling the two video cards with the 360 rad and a resivoir and a pump.
It becomes more expensive with two loops but if you try it with one loo and a single pump then the water flow will be very slow and the head dissapation will be lower as well.

It never hurts to get a power supply that is more than what you need so in my mind a 1000w or even a 1200w psu is acceptable as long as you can aford it. What you don't need will will not be used but what you do need will be there. So it's better to have more than not enough.

2 670's can run off of a 650W EASY.

imageview.php

http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-670-2-and-3way-sli-review/4

They're using a system that draws much more than yours too.

Measured power consumption two cards in SLI x2

System in IDLE = 160W
System Wattage with GPUs in FULL Stress = 433W
Difference (GPU load) = 273W
Add average IDLE wattage ~20W
Subjective obtained GPU power consumption = ~ 293 Watts

radmanhs

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012
ok... so not for the pumps should i go with 1 loop 2 pumps or 2 loops 1 pump each? also which one of the swiftech mcp655 pumps has the cable that connects to like a fan controller to control speed? also how many watts do they take each?

A ram block is more of a decoration as some are now coming with leds. Maybe we should start over and relook at what your wanting to cool with the water loop and ten see what is going to be needed for a radiator or radiators.
If you can fit a 360 in the top of the case then you can cool two video cards or a video card and the cpu. If your wanting to cool two video cards and the cpu then you will need a 420 or the 360 and a 120. If you want to add the chipset to the cpu then a 240 would be good , so maximum radiators would be a 360 and a 240 in two loops with a radiator, resivoir and a pump in each loop.
With overclocking the two video cards and the cpu and the two pumps and all the combined case and radiator fans I would suggest getting a 1000w psu. This will give you a little extra watts also in the event you add anything else , more fans , lights and hard drives.

SeaSonic X-SERIES X-1050 1050W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Active PFC Power Supply
$199.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151110

CORSAIR HX Series HX1050 1050W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
$209.99 AND A $15 makes the final price $194.99.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139034

Here are a couple of psu's to look at and consider.

radmanhs

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012
alright, thanks and what you said about the ram block is true, thats pretty much the point lol, ya im going to go with 2 loops, 2 cards cpu, ram and mobo if i choose one that i can get a block for. if i can i may go with a 3570k cpu instead of a 3770k because i want to get a better mobo and save like $100. im not a major video editor so how much of a improvement is there with hyperthreading because i want to get a better mobo.

Video editing will make use of hyperthreading that the 3770k has and make it that much faster , it's not to say that you can't do it with the 3570k it will just take a bit longer and if your not doing a whole lot of editting then it shouldn't matter that much. I would go for the better motherboard if you feel that you can get a motherboard that would make that much difference in what your doing. A 3570k can also be overclocked and that will help with video editing plus it's the newest cpu tech and should make the process quite good.

jacknhut

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2010

I have the same case and just did a complete watercooling build recently that include CPU and 2 video cards. You don't need 2 loops or 2 pumps for 1 CPU and 2 Video card. All you need is a 420 mm radiator on top and a 240 mm radiator on the bottom. For the top radiator, that case will fit a thick 420 mm radiator using push/pull with 140mm fans without any modification if you use the Black Ice GTX Gen 2 Extreme 420 mm radiator. For bottom radiator, you will run into serious space problem if you use 280mm (even though the mounting holes match but you don't have enough space at the front), so I suggest you use a 240 mm radiator.

Check my build log below for reference (exact same case with a 420 mm THICK radiator on top of case, radiator is Black Ice GTX Gen 2 Extreme which is considered the best performance radiator in that size). Bottom radiator is XSPC EX240 mm, you could opt for a XSPC RX 240 mm radiator if you want but it makes no difference in performance if you use a medium RPM fans. The EX 240 has twice the fin density as the RX240 but it has a thinner profile. Higher fin density radiator requires higher RPM fans to maxmize performance.

Here is the link to my build log
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/277308-29-quantum-slipstream-watercooling-build