COT Bloody Newsgroups!

I remember how much trouble it was to get BigPond to carry this newsgroup.
Well, there was a new newsgroup carried today when I logged on -
alt.suicide.holiday.moderated

I can't say anymore than that. I just don't have the words.

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori - Rincewind, The Last Hero, Terry Pratchett

MM

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 12:42:01 GMT, "Madame Mim"
<mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote:

>I remember how much trouble it was to get BigPond to carry this newsgroup.
>Well, there was a new newsgroup carried today when I logged on -
>alt.suicide.holiday.moderated
>
>I can't say anymore than that. I just don't have the words.

All in all, compaired to other newsgroups I've found in the past, that
group doesn't sound too bad... When I first discovered internet
newsgroups in 1995, I found 2 or 3 newsgroups (I can't/don't want to,
remember their names) with LOTS of pictures of dead bodies and body
parts! <gag> I couldn't delete the pictures I downloaded out of
curiosity fast enough!!! Granted I have no idea if those groups still
exist, nor do I EVER want to see pictures like those again!!! :(

That's my 2¢,

FTA

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

-Martin Luther King Jr.

Madame Mim wrote:
> I remember how much trouble it was to get BigPond to carry this newsgroup.
> Well, there was a new newsgroup carried today when I logged on -
> alt.suicide.holiday.moderated
>
> I can't say anymore than that. I just don't have the words.

I'm pretty sure that's a suicide *prevention* group.