Sign in with
Your question

Intel core i7!! water cooling system!! need help!!

Last response: in Systems
Anonymous
January 19, 2010 3:04:19 PM

hey guys, i need a little help here.....im just wondering whether my psu could support water cooling system....
here are my specs

intel core i7 920 @ 2.66GHz overclocked to 3.6 GHz ( currently im using prolimatech megahalems rev.b) (temperature is around 58 c)
asus p6t motherboard
corsair xms3 tripple channel ram kit
crossfireX hd 5850....(planning to overclock it too)
coolermaster silent pro 700W
silverstone raven rv-01
altech lansing 4.1 speakers
razer deathadder
razer copperhead
razer tarantula

rite! by the way, what kind of brand should i use for the water cooling system.......(recommend pls~~~~~~~)
ur advice are kindly appreciated!! =)
January 19, 2010 3:29:30 PM

Why bother with water cooling? You've already got the best cooling system out there. Water cooling won't make it much quieter or cooler, but will just cost you a boatload of money and create the possiblity of losing everything to a tiny leak...
m
l
Related resources
January 19, 2010 3:50:07 PM

I think the OP's already got the parts. If not, there are a few other things to change...
m
l
January 19, 2010 3:51:03 PM

MadAdmiral said:
I think the OP's already got the parts. If not, there are a few other things to change...

Re-reading, I think you're right. Sorry, OP!
m
l
January 19, 2010 3:55:49 PM

You really don't need a water cooling system for that overclock, the Megahalem will do just fine. However if you are absolutely set on getting a water cooling system, I would recommend one of the pre-assembled kits like the the CoolIT Systems DM-1000 Domino A.L.C. They're cheap, work well, and because they're already assembled, you don't have to worry about creating a loop, checking for leaks, mounting radiators and pumps and whatnot.
m
l
February 23, 2010 9:38:45 PM

I have a very simple and cheap water cooled system, I paid $79.00 for it. I am referring to the Corsair H50 system, it is a self contained water system. I am running an I7 920 overclocked to 3.8, my idle temp is 34c under load I hit 58c, I think it helps that I have the cooler Master case. I am running the fans on the H50 in the push-pull configuration. Why spend all that money for regular water cooled system when this runs just as good, and it's very quiet.
m
l
!