Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Sims 2 crashes on saving

Last response: in Video Games
Share
July 21, 2005 8:18:16 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

Hi,

For some reason, everytime I choose to save sims2 the game crashes back to
the desktop. I'ved saved the game before and it was ok. the only
difference now is that I bought a table and an alarm clock.

I've installed the patch

256 ram
p4 2gighertc
30 hard drive
ati radeon 7500 32meg

The game works perfectly otherwise, though it does chug a bit here and there

thanks,
chuck

More about : sims crashes saving

Anonymous
July 21, 2005 8:18:17 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

Looks like you could use more RAM and a bigger hard drive would not be a bad
idea either.

"john" <bobo@northpole.com> wrote in message
news:cmFDe.165925$on1.131824@clgrps13...
> Hi,
>
> For some reason, everytime I choose to save sims2 the game crashes back to
> the desktop. I'ved saved the game before and it was ok. the only
> difference now is that I bought a table and an alarm clock.
>
> I've installed the patch
>
> 256 ram
> p4 2gighertc
> 30 hard drive
> ati radeon 7500 32meg
>
> The game works perfectly otherwise, though it does chug a bit here and
> there
>
> thanks,
> chuck
>
July 21, 2005 8:48:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

Just wanted to add that I can save fine...as long as I don't buy anything.
The items I've bought are all part of the default set.

thanks,
chuck


"john" <bobo@northpole.com> wrote in message
news:cmFDe.165925$on1.131824@clgrps13...
> Hi,
>
> For some reason, everytime I choose to save sims2 the game crashes back to
> the desktop. I'ved saved the game before and it was ok. the only
> difference now is that I bought a table and an alarm clock.
>
> I've installed the patch
>
> 256 ram
> p4 2gighertc
> 30 hard drive
> ati radeon 7500 32meg
>
> The game works perfectly otherwise, though it does chug a bit here and
> there
>
> thanks,
> chuck
>
Related resources
Anonymous
July 21, 2005 12:46:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

john wrote:
>> 256 ram
> p4 2gighertc
> 30 hard drive
> ati radeon 7500 32meg
>

Don't know if it is why you crash but you need more RAM badly.

Gareeth
Anonymous
July 21, 2005 12:46:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

"Gareeth" <Gareethnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:4iJDe.165968$on1.51386@clgrps13...
> john wrote:
>>> 256 ram
>> p4 2gighertc
>> 30 hard drive
>> ati radeon 7500 32meg
>>
>
> Don't know if it is why you crash but you need more RAM badly.
>
> Gareeth

Yeah that was my first guess.
Heck, I have 2.12 gig processor
1 gig of RAM
Radeon 9200 SE 128
and my sims still runs a bit slow.........especially with all the downloads
I have.
I can't imagine playing on the OP's stats.


>
>
Anonymous
July 21, 2005 1:50:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 04:48:22 GMT, john <bobo@northpole.com> wrote:

> Just wanted to add that I can save fine...as long as I don't buy
> anything.
> The items I've bought are all part of the default set.

So you can play for a while then save quite fine, but if you then
immediately buy something, anything, whatever it is, then you can no
longer save? Is this the case for one family only or would the same thing
happen no matter which house you are in?

--
"When someone starts bragging about how much debt they have, it's not a
good sign." -G
July 21, 2005 9:47:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

"Magnus Itland" <itlandm@online.no> wrote in message
news:o pst86p5zvb52ai9@news.online.no...
> On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 04:48:22 GMT, john <bobo@northpole.com> wrote:
>
>> Just wanted to add that I can save fine...as long as I don't buy
>> anything.
>> The items I've bought are all part of the default set.
>
> So you can play for a while then save quite fine, but if you then
> immediately buy something, anything, whatever it is, then you can no
> longer save?

YES

Is this the case for one family only or would the same thing
> happen no matter which house you are in?
>

YES

> --
> "When someone starts bragging about how much debt they have, it's not a
> good sign." -G
Anonymous
July 22, 2005 2:03:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

john wrote:
>
> "Magnus Itland" <itlandm@online.no> wrote

> Is this the case for one family only or would the same thing
> > happen no matter which house you are in?
> >
>
> YES

Dude... that was not a yes/no question.
!