Sign in with
Your question

Can you put extra fan in drive bay without a mount?

Last response: in Overclocking
September 3, 2012 12:23:18 AM

Basically I have a issue with cooling on my pc. Even tho it has 3 fans. 1 in rear, one on side and one in front I still feel its not good enough for the temps i get. So I ordered a new 120mm fan for the rear exhaust cause the current one seems flimsy and low speed even on max rpm( I got these fans with the case)

The question is tho I want to do something with the extra fan leftover. My case doesn't have more room for fan but there is a huge gap underneath my dvd drive for it. Problem is I can't find a mount for fans inside the case so I was thinking i could just push the fan back all the way under the dvd drive. Would this cause problems? How can I put another fan there for more air circulation without the mount?
a c 138 K Overclocking
September 3, 2012 3:43:44 AM

Do you have an option to place a fan at the top of the case blowing out as an exaust? If not you can always wire tie the fan into place in a spot that has no mounts.
m
l
September 3, 2012 1:38:43 PM

inzone said:
Do you have an option to place a fan at the top of the case blowing out as an exaust? If not you can always wire tie the fan into place in a spot that has no mounts.

No I have no exhaust at the top. Thats a pretty good idea with the wire tie. Ill try that. Thanks.
m
l
!