Cooler Master vs Tagan vs corsair

chinuhark

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
I was all set to buy COOLER MASTER eXtreme Pwer Plus 500W PSU when someone told me that CM sucks.
Now this PSU just costs Rupees 2900/- in India where as he suggested that I go for Corsair VX550 (Rs 5800/-) which is almost twice or VX450 (Rs 4300/-)
Now my question is that is it really worth it and NECESSARY to spend twice on the PSU. Is CM 500W harmful for my system. Also what about
Tagan Stonerock Series TG500-U37 (Rs 3400/-).
I Have C2D E7400 @ 2.8GHz
4GB RAM
INTEL DG41RQ
and am planning to get HD5770 or an equivalent Fermi card when it comes.

Solution
Hey just go for Corsair. I bought VX550 for Rs. 5900 and its definitely worth the money

Its quite, 80+ certified, has 41 amps @ 12 V rail(enough juice) and comes with a 5 year warranty.

Starges

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
First choice Corsiar.
Second choice CM.
Third choice....... None, forget the Tagan.

CM is not quite a reliable PSU maker and more likely than not, their psus will not deliver what they are said to deliver.
Always rely on Corsair, very reliable. The extra $$ is worth its performance [:lectrocrew:5]

Coolermaster power supplies might be okay but they are not high quality psu's.

Corsair and Seasonic are two brands that have a reputation for high quality power supplies that consistently earn high marks in technical reviews. They are reliable, stable, and come with a 5 year warranty in the USA. Some of the newer models come with a 7 year warranty. Lately we've been seeing a few other brands offering some high quality units. One example would be the Antec Earthwatts and the Antec TruePower New models which are a major improvement over Antec’s older psu’s like the Basiq models.

Here is Nvidia's recommended power requirements for a system with one Nvidia GTX260 video card:

500 watt or greater power supply with 36 amps on the +12 volt rail and two 6 pin, 75 watt, PCI-e power connectors.

The recommendations are for an entire pc system.

vivek4020

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
Hey just go for Corsair. I bought VX550 for Rs. 5900 and its definitely worth the money

Its quite, 80+ certified, has 41 amps @ 12 V rail(enough juice) and comes with a 5 year warranty.

Solution

navjot

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010

WIll u Tell me from where u bought THis VX 550 PSU . i m in Delhi(India) and cant find out any dealer here . so if u know any Dealer IN DELHI plz reply Me . Thanx in ADvance dear

G

well i have also purchased corsair PSU 400W .. I DONT REMEMBER Shop name but it was in second floor of modi tower in neheru palace.