Sign in with
Your question

Best Fan Configuration for H100

Last response: in Overclocking
September 3, 2012 12:47:25 AM

So I recently installed a H100 to my PC and overclocked my i7-2600k to 4.6 with temps maxed at 70c. I currently have 2 200mm fans pulling air from outside of my case directly to my radiator. Then I have the two stock fans that came with the radiator attached to the bottom pulling air from inside my case into the radiator. I also have a exhaust fan in the back and two intake fans by my hard drives. Is this the best configuration or should I have the 2 200mm fans push air outside the case?

Picture here
http://i.imgur.com/niTJe.jpg

More about : fan configuration h100

a c 324 K Overclocking
September 3, 2012 5:20:47 AM

No, that's fine. What are you using to load the CPU to test OC stability?
September 3, 2012 5:37:04 AM

rubix_1011 said:
No, that's fine. What are you using to load the CPU to test OC stability?

I think it was called CPU damage, my PCs currently off so I can't check. I was getting 71c max at 4.6. I couldn't get 4.8 to work, my monitor would get no signal
Related resources
a c 150 K Overclocking
September 3, 2012 5:53:54 AM

That's fine.

I'd use Intel Burn In Test though..
a c 324 K Overclocking
September 4, 2012 2:12:00 PM

I don't think you have CPU damage- If anything, you might have unstable BIOS settings causing it to fail to boot. Revert all BIOS settings to stock by pulling the CMOS battery or BIOS reset option.
September 4, 2012 2:35:35 PM

rubix_1011 said:
I don't think you have CPU damage- If anything, you might have unstable BIOS settings causing it to fail to boot. Revert all BIOS settings to stock by pulling the CMOS battery or BIOS reset option.

I should clarify that the program I was using to test stability was called CPU damage like Intel burn in test. I wasn't saying my chip was damaged or anything if that's what you meant. I've tried resetting the bios to stock but I still can't get 4.8 to work, my PC doesn't shutdown or anything there's just no signal to the monitor
a b K Overclocking
September 17, 2012 9:08:35 AM

Kosuda14 said:
So I recently installed a H100 to my PC and overclocked my i7-2600k to 4.6 with temps maxed at 70c. I currently have 2 200mm fans pulling air from outside of my case directly to my radiator. Then I have the two stock fans that came with the radiator attached to the bottom pulling air from inside my case into the radiator. I also have a exhaust fan in the back and two intake fans by my hard drives. Is this the best configuration or should I have the 2 200mm fans push air outside the case?

Picture here
http://i.imgur.com/niTJe.jpg

You should change the top 2 200m fans to have it pull air up to outside of the case. What you are doing is not right because air is being pushed inside the case from top and also at the same time air inside the case is being push up from the bottom, these 2 airflow goes against each other and cancel each other out. This is not recommended to cool down radiator. You need to either pull air out of the case or push air inside the case, not sandwiched them in the middle.
a b K Overclocking
September 17, 2012 5:02:18 PM

You want the air being pulled from inside the case out the top, hot air rises. So two fans push, 2 fans pull.
a b K Overclocking
September 20, 2012 1:11:51 AM

Switch the fans around, push the hot air out the top of the case.
!