ATI 4850 VaporX OC help ??

trifty

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
hey guys.. id like to ask HOW do i OC my 4850 vaporx and how far can i oc it ? ive never oc anything in my life before but i get the idea by using CCC .. but im worried of the risks.. its now at stock GPU Clock - 650 mhz and memory clock set at 1000mhz .. id like to know if i OC it .. how DIFFERENT will it be ?? thanks guys :D im using the HAF 932 btw..the temp now at idle is around 40c .. when i play games usually it jumps to around 60 - 70 .. plz help :D

Solution
No one can tell you how far you can OC it, EVERY card is different in terms of OCing.
Make sure you keep an eye on those load temps, you don't want them going above 80C

The difference in performance won't be huge, but it depends on what resolution you play at and also what CPU you have.

The best way to OC your GPU is to go into CCC and up your GPU Core clock by 10mhz (From 650 to 660) then run a program called Furmark to test for stability and load temps, if its stable and you see no artifacts and the temps are good then up the mhz again by another 10mhz, keep doing this until it becomes unstable or the temps reach 80C

If needs be, back down 10mhz to regain stability
No one can tell you how far you can OC it, EVERY card is different in terms of OCing.
Make sure you keep an eye on those load temps, you don't want them going above 80C

The difference in performance won't be huge, but it depends on what resolution you play at and also what CPU you have.

The best way to OC your GPU is to go into CCC and up your GPU Core clock by 10mhz (From 650 to 660) then run a program called Furmark to test for stability and load temps, if its stable and you see no artifacts and the temps are good then up the mhz again by another 10mhz, keep doing this until it becomes unstable or the temps reach 80C

If needs be, back down 10mhz to regain stability

Solution