Out of love

Hi all,
I haven't yet worked out what is the best way to word a search on MTS2 so I
am asking my question here and also asking how I would search for this on
the forums there.
I want to know how to stop a Sim loving another Sim. I had 2 Sims fall in
love and then changed my mind and had one of the Sims marry another. This
first relationship is still there and each time the other sim comes over
they kiss and carry on like a couple. I don't want the marriage to be
affected by this, lol this sounds like a real life problem. Anyway, does
anyone have a way to stop these Sims being in love?
Beck.
12 answers Last reply
More about love

    Well, you can use SimPE to alter the relationship scores - you could set
    them back to a friendship level - or just not have the sims meet for a good
    while and the relationship will decline. The SimPE answer is probably the
    answer you would get at MTS2.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    > I haven't yet worked out what is the best way to word a search on MTS2 so
    > am asking my question here and also asking how I would search for this on
    > the forums there.
    > I want to know how to stop a Sim loving another Sim. I had 2 Sims fall in
    > love and then changed my mind and had one of the Sims marry another. This
    > first relationship is still there and each time the other sim comes over
    > they kiss and carry on like a couple. I don't want the marriage to be
    > affected by this, lol this sounds like a real life problem. Anyway, does
    > anyone have a way to stop these Sims being in love?
    > Beck.

    "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    > I haven't yet worked out what is the best way to word a search on MTS2 so
    > I am asking my question here and also asking how I would search for this
    > on the forums there.
    > I want to know how to stop a Sim loving another Sim. I had 2 Sims fall in
    > love and then changed my mind and had one of the Sims marry another. This
    > first relationship is still there and each time the other sim comes over
    > they kiss and carry on like a couple. I don't want the marriage to be
    > affected by this, lol this sounds like a real life problem. Anyway, does
    > anyone have a way to stop these Sims being in love?

    If you want to break the love relationship without cheats or hacks, have the
    married couple kiss/flirt/woohoo in front of the other Sim. Do it a couple
    of times and the relationship will be shattered. Then switch it around and
    have the single Sim romance someone in front of the married one to kill it
    off from the other side. Their relationship score will plummet, but you can
    always rebuild their friendship later.

    "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    > I haven't yet worked out what is the best way to word a search on MTS2 so
    > I am asking my question here and also asking how I would search for this
    > on the forums there.
    > I want to know how to stop a Sim loving another Sim. I had 2 Sims fall in
    > love and then changed my mind and had one of the Sims marry another. This
    > first relationship is still there and each time the other sim comes over
    > they kiss and carry on like a couple. I don't want the marriage to be
    > affected by this, lol this sounds like a real life problem. Anyway, does
    > anyone have a way to stop these Sims being in love?
    > Beck.

    Just do like any drama show in real life...have the lovely couple make out
    or flirt heavily in front of the poor Sim from the first
    relationship...instant loss of love and maybe a slap in the face...

    There are several hacks that will change sims relationships with each
    other. I like the Mysterious Voodoo Bottle hack (I've Never found a
    case where it conflicted with another hack), with it you can make
    another sim Like your sim, Want your sim, or Love your sim. In your
    case, you could invite your single sim to visit your married sim, then
    when the sim arrives, have your married sim choose the Voodoo bottle
    "Want Me" option before Greeting the single sim, then when your
    married sim interacts with the single sim, BOTH of their relationships
    with each other will be reset to Just liking each other alot...

    The Voodoo bottle is also Great for making a sim you don't like,
    either Pee or Fall Asleep (like when they knock over your sims Trash
    Can) Without the need to Greet them first. Granted the Voodoo bottle
    can do other things that you'll discover if you decide to try the
    hack.

    If you're interested, you can find the Mysterious Voodoo Bottle hack
    at:

    http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/showthread.php?t=1289

    On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 18:46:38 +1000, "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid>
    wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >I haven't yet worked out what is the best way to word a search on MTS2 so I
    >am asking my question here and also asking how I would search for this on
    >the forums there.
    >I want to know how to stop a Sim loving another Sim. I had 2 Sims fall in
    >love and then changed my mind and had one of the Sims marry another. This
    >first relationship is still there and each time the other sim comes over
    >they kiss and carry on like a couple. I don't want the marriage to be
    >affected by this, lol this sounds like a real life problem. Anyway, does
    >anyone have a way to stop these Sims being in love?
    >Beck.

    That's my 2¢,

    FTA

    "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

    I am having a real hard time working out SimPE. I can usually muddle through
    things like this but I am stumped. I'm on my way to look for tutorials or
    instructions now, lol.
    Thanks Maxon,
    Beck.
    > Well, you can use SimPE to alter the relationship scores - you could set
    > them back to a friendship level - or just not have the sims meet for a
    > good
    > while and the relationship will decline. The SimPE answer is probably the
    > answer you would get at MTS2.
    >
    > Best wishes
    > Maxon
    >

    > "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    >> Hi all,
    >> I haven't yet worked out what is the best way to word a search on MTS2 so
    >> am asking my question here and also asking how I would search for this on
    >> the forums there.
    >> I want to know how to stop a Sim loving another Sim. I had 2 Sims fall in
    >> love and then changed my mind and had one of the Sims marry another.
    >> This
    >> first relationship is still there and each time the other sim comes over
    >> they kiss and carry on like a couple. I don't want the marriage to be
    >> affected by this, lol this sounds like a real life problem. Anyway, does
    >> anyone have a way to stop these Sims being in love?
    >> Beck.

    Open SimPE
    Open Neighbourhood Browser
    Open Sim Browser
    Find Sim
    Go to Plug in View
    Find the Relationships Tab
    Find the Sim (in the list in the box in the middle) with whom your selected
    sim has a relationship you want to change
    Fiddle with the values in the box on the right hand side to your
    satisfaction
    Press Commit
    Save the file

    > I am having a real hard time working out SimPE. I can usually muddle
    through
    > things like this but I am stumped. I'm on my way to look for tutorials or
    > instructions now, lol.
    > Thanks Maxon,
    > Beck.
    > > Well, you can use SimPE to alter the relationship scores - you could set
    > > them back to a friendship level - or just not have the sims meet for a
    > > good
    > > while and the relationship will decline. The SimPE answer is probably
    the
    > > answer you would get at MTS2.
    > >
    > > Best wishes
    > > Maxon
    > >

    > > "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    > >> Hi all,
    > >> I haven't yet worked out what is the best way to word a search on MTS2
    so
    > >> am asking my question here and also asking how I would search for this
    on
    > >> the forums there.
    > >> I want to know how to stop a Sim loving another Sim. I had 2 Sims fall
    in
    > >> love and then changed my mind and had one of the Sims marry another.
    > >> This
    > >> first relationship is still there and each time the other sim comes
    over
    > >> they kiss and carry on like a couple. I don't want the marriage to be
    > >> affected by this, lol this sounds like a real life problem. Anyway,
    does
    > >> anyone have a way to stop these Sims being in love?
    > >> Beck.

    Oh great, that will work until I can figure out SimPE, Thanks :o)
    Beck.

    "Whogus the Whatsler" <who@what.sler> wrote in message

    > "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    >> Hi all,
    >> I haven't yet worked out what is the best way to word a search on MTS2 so
    >> I am asking my question here and also asking how I would search for this
    >> on the forums there.
    >> I want to know how to stop a Sim loving another Sim. I had 2 Sims fall in
    >> love and then changed my mind and had one of the Sims marry another.
    >> This first relationship is still there and each time the other sim comes
    >> over they kiss and carry on like a couple. I don't want the marriage to
    >> be affected by this, lol this sounds like a real life problem. Anyway,
    >> does anyone have a way to stop these Sims being in love?
    >

    > If you want to break the love relationship without cheats or hacks, have
    > the married couple kiss/flirt/woohoo in front of the other Sim. Do it a
    > couple of times and the relationship will be shattered. Then switch it
    > around and have the single Sim romance someone in front of the married one
    > to kill it off from the other side. Their relationship score will plummet,
    > but you can always rebuild their friendship later.

    lol I like the slap in the face part :o)
    Thanks,
    Beck.
    "Freak Speely" <tlivingston525@comcast.net> wrote in message

    > "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    >> Hi all,
    >> I haven't yet worked out what is the best way to word a search on MTS2 so
    >> I am asking my question here and also asking how I would search for this
    >> on the forums there.
    >> I want to know how to stop a Sim loving another Sim. I had 2 Sims fall in
    >> love and then changed my mind and had one of the Sims marry another.
    >> This first relationship is still there and each time the other sim comes
    >> over they kiss and carry on like a couple. I don't want the marriage to
    >> be affected by this, lol this sounds like a real life problem. Anyway,
    >> does anyone have a way to stop these Sims being in love?
    >> Beck.
    >
    > Just do like any drama show in real life...have the lovely couple make out
    > or flirt heavily in front of the poor Sim from the first
    > relationship...instant loss of love and maybe a slap in the face...

    This sounds like a good hack lol. Thanks for that I will definitely add it
    to my list :o)
    Beck.
    "FTA" <FTA@fake.email> wrote in message
    > There are several hacks that will change sims relationships with each
    > other. I like the Mysterious Voodoo Bottle hack (I've Never found a
    > case where it conflicted with another hack), with it you can make
    > another sim Like your sim, Want your sim, or Love your sim. In your
    > case, you could invite your single sim to visit your married sim, then
    > when the sim arrives, have your married sim choose the Voodoo bottle
    > "Want Me" option before Greeting the single sim, then when your
    > married sim interacts with the single sim, BOTH of their relationships
    > with each other will be reset to Just liking each other alot...
    >
    > The Voodoo bottle is also Great for making a sim you don't like,
    > either Pee or Fall Asleep (like when they knock over your sims Trash
    > Can) Without the need to Greet them first. Granted the Voodoo bottle
    > can do other things that you'll discover if you decide to try the
    > hack.
    >
    > If you're interested, you can find the Mysterious Voodoo Bottle hack
    > at:
    >
    > http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/showthread.php?t=1289
    >

    > On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 18:46:38 +1000, "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Hi all,
    >>I haven't yet worked out what is the best way to word a search on MTS2 so
    >>am asking my question here and also asking how I would search for this on
    >>the forums there.
    >>I want to know how to stop a Sim loving another Sim. I had 2 Sims fall in
    >>love and then changed my mind and had one of the Sims marry another. This
    >>first relationship is still there and each time the other sim comes over
    >>they kiss and carry on like a couple. I don't want the marriage to be
    >>affected by this, lol this sounds like a real life problem. Anyway, does
    >>anyone have a way to stop these Sims being in love?
    >>Beck.
    >

    > That's my 2¢,
    >
    > FTA
    >

    > "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the
    > silence of our friends."
    >
    > -Martin Luther King Jr.

    Maxon, Thanks heaps! I think I may be able to work a few things out from
    what you just showed me, great!!
    I have a very quick question if its ok. You said at the end of that to save
    the file, do I "save as" something or just "save" ?
    Thank you again!
    Beck.

    > Open SimPE
    > Open Neighbourhood Browser
    > Open Sim Browser
    > Find Sim
    > Go to Plug in View
    > Find the Relationships Tab
    > Find the Sim (in the list in the box in the middle) with whom your
    > selected
    > sim has a relationship you want to change
    > Fiddle with the values in the box on the right hand side to your
    > satisfaction
    > Press Commit
    > Save the file
    >

    > "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    >> I am having a real hard time working out SimPE. I can usually muddle
    > through
    >> things like this but I am stumped. I'm on my way to look for tutorials or
    >> instructions now, lol.
    >> Thanks Maxon,
    >> Beck.
    >> "Maxon" <jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote in message
    >> > Well, you can use SimPE to alter the relationship scores - you could
    >> > set
    >> > them back to a friendship level - or just not have the sims meet for a
    >> > good
    >> > while and the relationship will decline. The SimPE answer is probably
    > the
    >> > answer you would get at MTS2.
    >> >
    >> > Best wishes
    >> > Maxon
    >> >

    >> > "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    > so
    > on
    > in
    > over
    > does

    save - it will overwrite your original file which is the one the game calls
    up when you are playing. If you're worried about this, make a back up of
    your neighbourhood first. Also, don't forget the commit bit otherwise the
    changes won't take.

    > Maxon, Thanks heaps! I think I may be able to work a few things out from
    > what you just showed me, great!!
    > I have a very quick question if its ok. You said at the end of that to
    save
    > the file, do I "save as" something or just "save" ?
    > Thank you again!
    > Beck.

    > > Open SimPE
    > > Open Neighbourhood Browser
    > > Open Sim Browser
    > > Find Sim
    > > Go to Plug in View
    > > Find the Relationships Tab
    > > Find the Sim (in the list in the box in the middle) with whom your
    > > selected
    > > sim has a relationship you want to change
    > > Fiddle with the values in the box on the right hand side to your
    > > satisfaction
    > > Press Commit
    > > Save the file
    > >

    > > "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    > >> I am having a real hard time working out SimPE. I can usually muddle
    > > through
    > >> things like this but I am stumped. I'm on my way to look for tutorials
    or
    > >> instructions now, lol.
    > >> Thanks Maxon,
    > >> Beck.
    > >> "Maxon" <jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > > the

    MTS2
    > > so
    > > on
    > > in
    > > over
    > > does

    Ok, thanks Maxon. You've been a great help.
    Beck.

Sims Games Video Games