Out of love

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

Hi all,
I haven't yet worked out what is the best way to word a search on MTS2 so I
am asking my question here and also asking how I would search for this on
the forums there.
I want to know how to stop a Sim loving another Sim. I had 2 Sims fall in
love and then changed my mind and had one of the Sims marry another. This
first relationship is still there and each time the other sim comes over
they kiss and carry on like a couple. I don't want the marriage to be
affected by this, lol this sounds like a real life problem. Anyway, does
anyone have a way to stop these Sims being in love?
Beck.

Well, you can use SimPE to alter the relationship scores - you could set
them back to a friendship level - or just not have the sims meet for a good
while and the relationship will decline. The SimPE answer is probably the
answer you would get at MTS2.

Best wishes
Maxon

"Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I haven't yet worked out what is the best way to word a search on MTS2 so
> am asking my question here and also asking how I would search for this on
> the forums there.
> I want to know how to stop a Sim loving another Sim. I had 2 Sims fall in
> love and then changed my mind and had one of the Sims marry another. This
> first relationship is still there and each time the other sim comes over
> they kiss and carry on like a couple. I don't want the marriage to be
> affected by this, lol this sounds like a real life problem. Anyway, does
> anyone have a way to stop these Sims being in love?
> Beck.

"Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I haven't yet worked out what is the best way to word a search on MTS2 so
> I am asking my question here and also asking how I would search for this
> on the forums there.
> I want to know how to stop a Sim loving another Sim. I had 2 Sims fall in
> love and then changed my mind and had one of the Sims marry another. This
> first relationship is still there and each time the other sim comes over
> they kiss and carry on like a couple. I don't want the marriage to be
> affected by this, lol this sounds like a real life problem. Anyway, does
> anyone have a way to stop these Sims being in love?

If you want to break the love relationship without cheats or hacks, have the
married couple kiss/flirt/woohoo in front of the other Sim. Do it a couple
of times and the relationship will be shattered. Then switch it around and
have the single Sim romance someone in front of the married one to kill it
off from the other side. Their relationship score will plummet, but you can
always rebuild their friendship later.

"Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I haven't yet worked out what is the best way to word a search on MTS2 so
> I am asking my question here and also asking how I would search for this
> on the forums there.
> I want to know how to stop a Sim loving another Sim. I had 2 Sims fall in
> love and then changed my mind and had one of the Sims marry another. This
> first relationship is still there and each time the other sim comes over
> they kiss and carry on like a couple. I don't want the marriage to be
> affected by this, lol this sounds like a real life problem. Anyway, does
> anyone have a way to stop these Sims being in love?
> Beck.

Just do like any drama show in real life...have the lovely couple make out
or flirt heavily in front of the poor Sim from the first
relationship...instant loss of love and maybe a slap in the face...

There are several hacks that will change sims relationships with each
other. I like the Mysterious Voodoo Bottle hack (I've Never found a
case where it conflicted with another hack), with it you can make
another sim Like your sim, Want your sim, or Love your sim. In your
case, you could invite your single sim to visit your married sim, then
when the sim arrives, have your married sim choose the Voodoo bottle
"Want Me" option before Greeting the single sim, then when your
married sim interacts with the single sim, BOTH of their relationships
with each other will be reset to Just liking each other alot...

The Voodoo bottle is also Great for making a sim you don't like,
either Pee or Fall Asleep (like when they knock over your sims Trash
Can) Without the need to Greet them first. Granted the Voodoo bottle
can do other things that you'll discover if you decide to try the
hack.

If you're interested, you can find the Mysterious Voodoo Bottle hack
at:

http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/showthread.php?t=1289

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 18:46:38 +1000, "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid>
wrote:

>Hi all,
>I haven't yet worked out what is the best way to word a search on MTS2 so I
>am asking my question here and also asking how I would search for this on
>the forums there.
>I want to know how to stop a Sim loving another Sim. I had 2 Sims fall in
>love and then changed my mind and had one of the Sims marry another. This
>first relationship is still there and each time the other sim comes over
>they kiss and carry on like a couple. I don't want the marriage to be
>affected by this, lol this sounds like a real life problem. Anyway, does
>anyone have a way to stop these Sims being in love?
>Beck.

That's my 2¢,

FTA

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

-Martin Luther King Jr.

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

I am having a real hard time working out SimPE. I can usually muddle through
things like this but I am stumped. I'm on my way to look for tutorials or
instructions now, lol.
Thanks Maxon,
Beck.
> Well, you can use SimPE to alter the relationship scores - you could set
> them back to a friendship level - or just not have the sims meet for a
> good
> while and the relationship will decline. The SimPE answer is probably the
> answer you would get at MTS2.
>
> Best wishes
> Maxon
>

> "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>> I haven't yet worked out what is the best way to word a search on MTS2 so
>> am asking my question here and also asking how I would search for this on
>> the forums there.
>> I want to know how to stop a Sim loving another Sim. I had 2 Sims fall in
>> love and then changed my mind and had one of the Sims marry another.
>> This
>> first relationship is still there and each time the other sim comes over
>> they kiss and carry on like a couple. I don't want the marriage to be
>> affected by this, lol this sounds like a real life problem. Anyway, does
>> anyone have a way to stop these Sims being in love?
>> Beck.

Open SimPE
Open Neighbourhood Browser
Open Sim Browser
Find Sim
Go to Plug in View
Find the Relationships Tab
Find the Sim (in the list in the box in the middle) with whom your selected
sim has a relationship you want to change
Fiddle with the values in the box on the right hand side to your
satisfaction
Press Commit
Save the file

> I am having a real hard time working out SimPE. I can usually muddle
through
> things like this but I am stumped. I'm on my way to look for tutorials or
> instructions now, lol.
> Thanks Maxon,
> Beck.
> > Well, you can use SimPE to alter the relationship scores - you could set
> > them back to a friendship level - or just not have the sims meet for a
> > good
> > while and the relationship will decline. The SimPE answer is probably
the
> > answer you would get at MTS2.
> >
> > Best wishes
> > Maxon
> >

> > "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> >> Hi all,
> >> I haven't yet worked out what is the best way to word a search on MTS2
so
> >> am asking my question here and also asking how I would search for this
on
> >> the forums there.
> >> I want to know how to stop a Sim loving another Sim. I had 2 Sims fall
in
> >> love and then changed my mind and had one of the Sims marry another.
> >> This
> >> first relationship is still there and each time the other sim comes
over
> >> they kiss and carry on like a couple. I don't want the marriage to be
> >> affected by this, lol this sounds like a real life problem. Anyway,
does
> >> anyone have a way to stop these Sims being in love?
> >> Beck.

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

Oh great, that will work until I can figure out SimPE, Thanks :eek:)
Beck.

"Whogus the Whatsler" <who@what.sler> wrote in message

> "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>> I haven't yet worked out what is the best way to word a search on MTS2 so
>> I am asking my question here and also asking how I would search for this
>> on the forums there.
>> I want to know how to stop a Sim loving another Sim. I had 2 Sims fall in
>> love and then changed my mind and had one of the Sims marry another.
>> This first relationship is still there and each time the other sim comes
>> over they kiss and carry on like a couple. I don't want the marriage to
>> be affected by this, lol this sounds like a real life problem. Anyway,
>> does anyone have a way to stop these Sims being in love?
>

> If you want to break the love relationship without cheats or hacks, have
> the married couple kiss/flirt/woohoo in front of the other Sim. Do it a
> couple of times and the relationship will be shattered. Then switch it
> around and have the single Sim romance someone in front of the married one
> to kill it off from the other side. Their relationship score will plummet,
> but you can always rebuild their friendship later.

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

lol I like the slap in the face part :eek:)
Thanks,
Beck.
"Freak Speely" <tlivingston525@comcast.net> wrote in message

> "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>> I haven't yet worked out what is the best way to word a search on MTS2 so
>> I am asking my question here and also asking how I would search for this
>> on the forums there.
>> I want to know how to stop a Sim loving another Sim. I had 2 Sims fall in
>> love and then changed my mind and had one of the Sims marry another.
>> This first relationship is still there and each time the other sim comes
>> over they kiss and carry on like a couple. I don't want the marriage to
>> be affected by this, lol this sounds like a real life problem. Anyway,
>> does anyone have a way to stop these Sims being in love?
>> Beck.
>
> Just do like any drama show in real life...have the lovely couple make out
> or flirt heavily in front of the poor Sim from the first
> relationship...instant loss of love and maybe a slap in the face...

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

This sounds like a good hack lol. Thanks for that I will definitely add it
to my list :eek:)
Beck.
"FTA" <FTA@fake.email> wrote in message
> There are several hacks that will change sims relationships with each
> other. I like the Mysterious Voodoo Bottle hack (I've Never found a
> case where it conflicted with another hack), with it you can make
> another sim Like your sim, Want your sim, or Love your sim. In your
> case, you could invite your single sim to visit your married sim, then
> when the sim arrives, have your married sim choose the Voodoo bottle
> "Want Me" option before Greeting the single sim, then when your
> married sim interacts with the single sim, BOTH of their relationships
> with each other will be reset to Just liking each other alot...
>
> The Voodoo bottle is also Great for making a sim you don't like,
> either Pee or Fall Asleep (like when they knock over your sims Trash
> Can) Without the need to Greet them first. Granted the Voodoo bottle
> can do other things that you'll discover if you decide to try the
> hack.
>
> If you're interested, you can find the Mysterious Voodoo Bottle hack
> at:
>
> http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/showthread.php?t=1289
>

> On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 18:46:38 +1000, "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>>Hi all,
>>I haven't yet worked out what is the best way to word a search on MTS2 so
>>am asking my question here and also asking how I would search for this on
>>the forums there.
>>I want to know how to stop a Sim loving another Sim. I had 2 Sims fall in
>>love and then changed my mind and had one of the Sims marry another. This
>>first relationship is still there and each time the other sim comes over
>>they kiss and carry on like a couple. I don't want the marriage to be
>>affected by this, lol this sounds like a real life problem. Anyway, does
>>anyone have a way to stop these Sims being in love?
>>Beck.
>

> That's my 2¢,
>
> FTA
>

> "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the
> silence of our friends."
>
> -Martin Luther King Jr.

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

Maxon, Thanks heaps! I think I may be able to work a few things out from
what you just showed me, great!!
I have a very quick question if its ok. You said at the end of that to save
the file, do I "save as" something or just "save" ?
Thank you again!
Beck.

> Open SimPE
> Open Neighbourhood Browser
> Open Sim Browser
> Find Sim
> Go to Plug in View
> Find the Relationships Tab
> Find the Sim (in the list in the box in the middle) with whom your
> selected
> sim has a relationship you want to change
> Fiddle with the values in the box on the right hand side to your
> satisfaction
> Press Commit
> Save the file
>

> "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>> I am having a real hard time working out SimPE. I can usually muddle
> through
>> things like this but I am stumped. I'm on my way to look for tutorials or
>> instructions now, lol.
>> Thanks Maxon,
>> Beck.
>> "Maxon" <jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> > Well, you can use SimPE to alter the relationship scores - you could
>> > set
>> > them back to a friendship level - or just not have the sims meet for a
>> > good
>> > while and the relationship will decline. The SimPE answer is probably
> the
>> > answer you would get at MTS2.
>> >
>> > Best wishes
>> > Maxon
>> >

>> > "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> so
> on
> in
> over
> does

save - it will overwrite your original file which is the one the game calls
up when you are playing. If you're worried about this, make a back up of
your neighbourhood first. Also, don't forget the commit bit otherwise the
changes won't take.

> Maxon, Thanks heaps! I think I may be able to work a few things out from
> what you just showed me, great!!
> I have a very quick question if its ok. You said at the end of that to
save
> the file, do I "save as" something or just "save" ?
> Thank you again!
> Beck.

> > Open SimPE
> > Open Neighbourhood Browser
> > Open Sim Browser
> > Find Sim
> > Go to Plug in View
> > Find the Relationships Tab
> > Find the Sim (in the list in the box in the middle) with whom your
> > selected
> > sim has a relationship you want to change
> > Fiddle with the values in the box on the right hand side to your
> > satisfaction
> > Press Commit
> > Save the file
> >

> > "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> >> I am having a real hard time working out SimPE. I can usually muddle
> > through
> >> things like this but I am stumped. I'm on my way to look for tutorials
or
> >> instructions now, lol.
> >> Thanks Maxon,
> >> Beck.
> >> "Maxon" <jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > the

MTS2
> > so
> > on
> > in
> > over
> > does

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

Ok, thanks Maxon. You've been a great help.
Beck.