Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Best single-slot NVIDIA card?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 13, 2010 12:07:48 PM

Hi all, I was just wondering what the best single slot NVIDIA card is, and whether there are any single-slot green edition cards out there. The card would be used for dedicated PhysX duties.

Thanks in advance!
a b Î Nvidia
January 13, 2010 1:47:56 PM

Hello and welcome to the forums :) 
Currently the fastest single slot card from Nvidia is GTX 295
m
l
January 13, 2010 1:56:04 PM

I meant a single-slot cooler card, probably should've added that sooner. Thanks for the answer though. :p 
m
l
Related resources
January 13, 2010 2:30:34 PM

9800gt with the vanilla/stock/uber-noisy cooler. pretty hot, too.

there was a time when an 8600gt ddr3 was suppose to do anything an ageia card was suppose to do as a physX card. i dunno about you but the best single slot nvidia card for that matter is a little overkill.

look into a 9500gt-ddr3 instead.
m
l

Best solution

January 13, 2010 2:45:36 PM

The best single slot Nvidia card is the Galaxy GeForce GTX 260+ Razor Edition :

http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=816

it does run a bit warm though....

January 13, 2010 3:01:33 PM

Heat shouldn't be that much of an issue, I have two big 120mm fans pushing air straight at the GPUs. :) 

Thanks for those models you guys named, I have one further question though: Are there any single-slot cooler NVIDIA cards that are at least somewhat silent?

Thanks in advance!
m
l
January 13, 2010 3:10:02 PM

XpanD said:
Heat shouldn't be that much of an issue, I have two big 120mm fans pushing air straight at the GPUs. :) 

Thanks for those models you guys named, I have one further question though: Are there any single-slot cooler NVIDIA cards that are at least somewhat silent?

Thanks in advance!

Not really, if you want silent then you will need to swap the cooler for a fanless, not recommended since the fanless coolers will take up more than one slot...
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
January 13, 2010 5:00:18 PM

XpanD said:
I meant a single-slot cooler card, probably should've added that sooner. Thanks for the answer though. :p 

oops sorry :D 
m
l
January 15, 2010 6:27:44 AM

Thanks everybody for all the replies, I'll be looking into the GTX260 but also some other alternatives mentioned here. :) 
m
l
!