Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Pic's Of Current i7 Build...

Last response: in Systems
Anonymous
January 19, 2010 11:01:10 PM

Just got started on my i7 build and thought i would post some pic's :D 
i will post more as i go. Anyone with idea's please post. I'm always open to new ideas. ;) 

System Spec's here is how it stands of right now. ENERMAX REVOLUTION85+ ERV1050EWT 1050W, EVGA E760 CLASSIFIED "Overclocker's Pick" 3-Way SLI + PhysX 1366 , 2x CORSAIR DOMINATOR-GT 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866, 2x Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB, Intel Core i7-975 Extreme Edition, LITE-ON Blue-ray Burner and LITE-ON DVD Burner, 4x XFX HD-489A-ZDDC Radeon HD 4890 XXX Edition 1GB, Custom COOLER MASTER ATCS 840, EK-FB KIT EVGA X58 CLASSIFIED Full Board North/Southbridge Water Block, EK-CoolStream RAD XT (360), EK-CoolStream RAD XT (480), 2x Primochill Typhoon III Reservoir System w/ Pump Mount, 2x Swiftech MCP655, Fans Noiseblocker NB-Multiframe M12-S3HS, EK Supreme HF CPU Block, 4x EK Radeon HD4890 VGA Liquid Cooling Block. Still looking different SSD's for boot drive. Later :D 

More about : pic current build

January 20, 2010 12:00:21 AM

o.o

Looks great so far!
m
l
Anonymous
January 20, 2010 2:07:14 AM

foolycooly said:
o.o

Looks great so far!

Thanks
m
l
Related resources
January 20, 2010 2:16:45 AM

can i just ask, since you obivously have such a massive budget, why did you go for 4890s instead of 5xxx series cards?

the build will still be excellent, but that seems a little odd.

looking good though :) 
m
l
January 20, 2010 2:19:57 AM

I wouldve gone 5970.. but Still you have a beautiful build :) 
m
l
Anonymous
January 20, 2010 2:41:31 AM

welshmousepk said:
can i just ask, since you obivously have such a massive budget, why did you go for 4890s instead of 5xxx series cards?

the build will still be excellent, but that seems a little odd.

looking good though :) 

pokabur said:
I wouldve gone 5970.. but Still you have a beautiful build :) 

Honestly, I have had the cards for sometime and have not had any offers for them so i figured i would use them till Nvidia comes out with there cards and see what they do against the 5000 series. My dad had a heart attack so the build was delayed. Now I'm getting it finished. I've had to stop myself from buying some 5870's a few times lately. :D  If these cards sell anytime soon i will be buying some new gpu's. But to buy some new ones with these still sitting here, I just can't. I'm even selling them cheap. But i would not mind seeing what they do in quad-fire on this setup. So that's where i stand. If you have any other ideas please suggest... Thanks
m
l
January 20, 2010 2:43:49 AM

fair enough, sounds reasonable. :D 

make sure to post some benchies when its done O.O
m
l
Anonymous
January 20, 2010 2:55:32 AM

Maybe i'm asking to much for the 4890's. Any ideas what i should be asking for them? They are brand new and have yet to see water, Everything is included from box's to all the hardware including OEM heatsinks. Brand is XFX and i am the first buyer. Thanks :??: 
m
l
January 20, 2010 3:24:05 AM

problem is, they aren't worth as much now 5 series cards are out.

i listed my 4890 at 250NZD and it didnt sell, couldnt get rid of it till i lowered it to 200. now i cant tell you what USD price to put it atm but it needs to be alot less than a new one would retail for.

as a comparison, i sold my 4890 for 200 (bought for 320) and bought a 5870 for 750.
so don't expect too much.
m
l
Anonymous
January 20, 2010 10:44:44 PM

Anyone know if this ENERMAX REVOLUTION85+ ERV1050EWT 1050W will supply enought watts to power the 4 4890's? So far some say yes others no. Any ideas?
m
l
January 21, 2010 12:24:50 AM

id say so, as long as they aren't overvolted.

it will be close, for sure. but i think it will handle it alright.
m
l
Anonymous
January 21, 2010 1:34:39 AM

m
l
Anonymous
January 25, 2010 10:25:39 AM

Just some updated pic's to look at. ;) 

m
l
January 25, 2010 11:53:14 AM

Nice setup. Even if I had money to throw away I wouldn't agree with all of the choices made. I guess if you're going extreme you might as well do it right.

Why the external 4x120? You can get 2 2x120's inside of the 840, one on the bottom, one mounted on the hdd cage.

Drop the 4890s, really. Get a single 5870 and when the Eyefinity 6 hits pick up a 2nd for CF. Eddie does a great job on gpu and full kit blocks. I can't see justifying 2x the price of a mcr320 for one of his rads though. Heatkiller 3.0 or Apogee XT on cpu.

Dual loop is nice... but again it's overkill, unless you're running 4x of the hottest cards known to man lol =).

i7-975... 700 dollars for unlocked multipliers...

Love the modded passthrough. Nice job on the edge guards, I'm suprised you got those near 90 degree bends w/o the rubber kinking or collapsing.

For SSD... 3x OCZ Vertex 30gb RAID 0. 750 reads, 500 writes. Win 7 loads in under 10 seconds. Tony Trim. Since price doesn't seem to be a major concern you could always adopt a dedicated RAID card, though I haven't researched into this. If you want to go beyond 3x you'll need to.

Where's the Fan Controller? ARGG 2nd DVD-Burner instead!?!? Hah.. you've got 7x (hopefully premium Sans Ace or Deltas) that are going to be loud as hell @ 12v. Fan Controller... f t w.

840 is nice, would have loved to have seen this in an 800d or TJ07 though.

Nice work, nice 5k spent. Now you just need the 2x 5870s and 3x U2410's to go with it.
m
l
January 25, 2010 2:55:48 PM

nice pics, keep them coming.
m
l
Anonymous
January 25, 2010 7:47:09 PM

a4mula said:
Nice setup. Even if I had money to throw away I wouldn't agree with all of the choices made. I guess if you're going extreme you might as well do it right.

Why the external 4x120? You can get 2 2x120's inside of the 840, one on the bottom, one mounted on the hdd cage.

Drop the 4890s, really. Get a single 5870 and when the Eyefinity 6 hits pick up a 2nd for CF. Eddie does a great job on gpu and full kit blocks. I can't see justifying 2x the price of a mcr320 for one of his rads though. Heatkiller 3.0 or Apogee XT on cpu.

Dual loop is nice... but again it's overkill, unless you're running 4x of the hottest cards known to man lol =).

i7-975... 700 dollars for unlocked multipliers...

Love the modded passthrough. Nice job on the edge guards, I'm suprised you got those near 90 degree bends w/o the rubber kinking or collapsing.

For SSD... 3x OCZ Vertex 30gb RAID 0. 750 reads, 500 writes. Win 7 loads in under 10 seconds. Tony Trim. Since price doesn't seem to be a major concern you could always adopt a dedicated RAID card, though I haven't researched into this. If you want to go beyond 3x you'll need to.

Where's the Fan Controller? ARGG 2nd DVD-Burner instead!?!? Hah.. you've got 7x (hopefully premium Sans Ace or Deltas) that are going to be loud as hell @ 12v. Fan Controller... f t w.

840 is nice, would have loved to have seen this in an 800d or TJ07 though.

Nice work, nice 5k spent. Now you just need the 2x 5870s and 3x U2410's to go with it.

(You can get 2 2x120's inside of the 840, one on the bottom, one mounted on the hdd cage.) Tried to fit 2x 120 on hdd cage but once there you can not fit another below it. And not loke like a pig shoved in a shoe box. Not to mention to cool the gpu's to where i would like will never happen inside that case.

(Drop the 4890s, really.) I have alreay ordered 3x 5870's for this rig but wanted to run this first and see what Nvidia comes out with. I have no intrest in Eyefinity any way.

(I can't see justifying) I never tried to justify didn't care to. (Eddie does a great job on gpu and full kit blocks.) So, Ok and?
(Heatkiller 3.0 or Apogee XT on cpu.) Love EK not changing do to a couple degrees that i can make up for in the rads.

(Dual loop is nice... but again it's overkill) Is that not the idea on a rig like this.
(i7-975... 700 dollars for unlocked multipliers) If you have the money enjoy it even if others don't like it. And i will be buying the i9 as well when it is released.

( Love the modded passthrough. Nice job on the edge guards) Thank you.
(I'm suprised you got those near 90 degree bends w/o the rubber kinking or collapsing.) Just take your time and things happen. :D 

(For SSD...) Thanks for the suggestions. But i picked up two 160gb Intel ssd's.

(Where's the Fan Controller?) Don't need one i used resistors inline. Works great if you put sometime into it.

( ARGG 2nd DVD-Burner instead) Point?

(840 is nice, would have loved to have seen this in an 800d or TJ07 though) I'm not a fan of those and i built it for me. Sorry
(Nice work, nice 5k spent.) Don't you wish. Try almost double that. :D 

And most of this was designed with the help of leading member's of Tom's W/C section where were you?

And sometimes when your working on 4-5 rigs at a time you make choices others may not like. But thats life. ;) 
m
l
January 25, 2010 9:21:01 PM

Quote:
(i7-975... 700 dollars for unlocked multipliers) If you have the money enjoy it even if others don't like it. And i will be buying the i9 as well when it is released.

You mean the i7-980X, Gulftown, that's scheduled to release in March?
m
l
January 25, 2010 9:37:05 PM

Hey, the build is awsome, this is what i call a true powerhouse/enthusiast build.
I also like the placement of the 2 fans (not sure which size) right behind the HDD case, it strenthens your intake, resulting in better cooler for your storage devices and it blows air straight into where your PCI slot cards are. Well done dude, post more pics and benchmarks as you go along and when you are done.
m
l
January 25, 2010 11:11:26 PM

Quote:
(You can get 2 2x120's inside of the 840, one on the bottom, one mounted on the hdd cage.) Tried to fit 2x 120 on hdd cage but once there you can not fit another below it. And not loke like a pig shoved in a shoe box. Not to mention to cool the gpu's to where i would like will never happen inside that case.

(Drop the 4890s, really.) I have alreay ordered 3x 5870's for this rig but wanted to run this first and see what Nvidia comes out with. I have no intrest in Eyefinity any way.

(I can't see justifying) I never tried to justify didn't care to. (Eddie does a great job on gpu and full kit blocks.) So, Ok and?
(Heatkiller 3.0 or Apogee XT on cpu.) Love EK not changing do to a couple degrees that i can make up for in the rads.

(Dual loop is nice... but again it's overkill) Is that not the idea on a rig like this.

( Love the modded passthrough. Nice job on the edge guards) Thank you.
(I'm suprised you got those near 90 degree bends w/o the rubber kinking or collapsing.) Just take your time and things happen. :D 

(For SSD...) Thanks for the suggestions. But i picked up two 160gb Intel ssd's.

(Where's the Fan Controller?) Don't need one i used resistors inline. Works great if you put sometime into it.

( ARGG 2nd DVD-Burner instead) Point?

(840 is nice, would have loved to have seen this in an 800d or TJ07 though) I'm not a fan of those and i built it for me. Sorry
(Nice work, nice 5k spent.) Don't you wish. Try almost double that. :D 

And most of this was designed with the help of leading member's of Tom's W/C section where were you?

And sometimes when your working on 4-5 rigs at a time you make choices others may not like. But thats life. ;) 

There's no reason to get defensive. I was complementary of your setup. It's just the AIG of pc's. You tried your hardest to be as wasteful as humanely possible just for the sake of waste. This is going to be outperformed in every category by a 1500$ air cooled 920 @ 4ghz with a single 5970.

Where's the l2n or dice pot? If you spent more than 5k on this then you're paying someone way too much to do your work.

You should do a little more homework on Eyefinity. Everyone says they don't like it, until they actually spend more than 2 minutes looking into it. While your 30" dell will be nice, it won't come close to 3600x1920.
m
l
Anonymous
January 26, 2010 12:06:15 AM

a4mula said:
There's no reason to get defensive. I was complementary of your setup. It's just the AIG of pc's. You tried your hardest to be as wasteful as humanely possible just for the sake of waste. This is going to be outperformed in every category by a 1500$ air cooled 920 @ 4ghz with a single 5970.

Where's the l2n or dice pot? If you spent more than 5k on this then you're paying someone way too much to do your work.

You should do a little more homework on Eyefinity. Everyone says they don't like it, until they actually spend more than 2 minutes looking into it. While your 30" dell will be nice, it won't come close to 3600x1920.

No reason to point out everything you would have done when you were not asked. Waste, Not to me i got what i wanted and used it so it is not wasted. Everything is outperformed by somebody so your point? I don't build to beat others i do it for the build. And in the end you don't know what i will bench. I change my rigs almost monthly so the point of old vs. new? I buy what i want and that is that. I have 3x 5870's here and will put them in are not. but then again i'm not you. L2n or dice pot i'm not looking to beat no records. This rig won't even be around long enought before i start something new. Yes i spent over 5k on this build because i figure everything from the ground up. Including the other case that is being painted at this time i mocked this up in a damaged case (the one in the pic's) while the other is finished. Someone do my work, maybe you can't do your own but thats your problem. Aleast your good at telling others what you like even if they don't ask. Thats just to bad. Do more work on Eyefinity have two sytems already running it. But i'm not intrested in it on this build. Just because you want it some projects doesnt mean you need it in all of them. And by the way i bought this stuff in Jan and Feb of this year. My Dad had a heart attack and passed away so just got to it. Try reading the whole post. You need to know not everyone thinks are cares the same as you. I got what i wanted and will keep doing so. Now go chase other members off the form.
m
l
Anonymous
January 26, 2010 12:11:18 AM

restatement3dofted said:
You mean the i7-980X, Gulftown, that's scheduled to release in March?

Thanks for the correction i got alittle Mad and ran my mouth. Dad just passed away. Then you always get someone that knows everyting even what you want. Just don't get why everyone needs to have the same setup. Oh no you wasted a couple of dollars your rigs beat. :sarcastic: 
m
l
January 26, 2010 12:20:19 AM

a4mula Wrote
Quote:
You should do a little more homework

I really apoligize, but I am going to have to defend AGirlsBuild on this one.

-He did do his homework!
-When he was a little kid he did his homework which is why he has a lot of money to spend on this rig and you don't.
m
l
January 26, 2010 2:54:10 PM

Quote:
... Aleast your good at telling others what you like even if they don't ask...

Quote:
Anyone with idea's please post. I'm always open to new ideas.

:sarcastic: 

There's a thousand things I could point out here... like the fact that you just got your 5xxx series gpus, yet you've already had eyefinity on 2 rigs...

It doesn't matter though. You don't want ideas, you want someone to pat you on the back and admire your epeen. Sorry, it's not what I do. I complimented you on your build, I made suggestions that were appropriate.

You should still look into Eyefinity.

Quote:
When he was a little kid he did his homework which is why he has a lot of money to spend on this rig and you don't.

Wow. Each and every day I continue to be impressed and amazed. Thankyou Blackhawk, you've restored my faith in the internetz.

m
l
January 26, 2010 3:14:54 PM

Want to buy me a new car?? :)  haha

Very neat build, What's the custom painted Case you have to go with this?
m
l

Best solution

January 26, 2010 3:27:27 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the correction i got alittle Mad and ran my mouth. Dad just passed away. Then you always get someone that knows everyting even what you want. Just don't get why everyone needs to have the same setup. Oh no you wasted a couple of dollars your rigs beat. :sarcastic: 

I'm sorry if I came off like an ass, I was just asking - I hadn't heard anything about an i9, wanted to make sure I hadn't missed some big news update or something!

Enjoy your new rig!
Anonymous
January 26, 2010 7:34:57 PM

a4mula said:
:sarcastic: 

There's a thousand things I could point out here... like the fact that you just got your 5xxx series gpus, yet you've already had eyefinity on 2 rigs...

It doesn't matter though. You don't want ideas, you want someone to pat you on the back and admire your epeen. Sorry, it's not what I do. I complimented you on your build, I made suggestions that were appropriate.

You should still look into Eyefinity.

Quote:
When he was a little kid he did his homework which is why he has a lot of money to spend on this rig and you don't.

Wow. Each and every day I continue to be impressed and amazed. Thankyou Blackhawk, you've restored my faith in the internetz.

I siad i just got my 5870's. If you know so much about eyefinity and have done your homework you would also know there not the only 5xxx seris that do it. :kaola:  I don't mind ideas but pointing out everything on a build thats almost done is not ideas. It is rude. Appropriate ideas are when there asked for are still needed not when you think it should be done your way.

I have two rigs running eyefinity with 5850's no need to look into it.

Your ideas do make sense. If i was asking for build help i would have took some of your advice. All this was purchased in the begining of last yea. (Jan-july) But do to so health/death in the family i just got to this build. If you would have suggested ways to do this build with what i had there would have been no problem. You just can't go pointing out everything you would have done with out knowing the others plans or ideas. I should not have been so loud mouth but going through some rough times and trying to take my mind off it on here. That was a mistake... So i'm sorry for my part. ;) 
m
l
Anonymous
January 26, 2010 7:37:31 PM

restatement3dofted said:
I'm sorry if I came off like an ass, I was just asking - I hadn't heard anything about an i9, wanted to make sure I hadn't missed some big news update or something!

Enjoy your new rig!

No, I should be sorry for running my mouth while mad. Thats one way to always get your facts wrong. LOL ;) 
m
l
Anonymous
January 26, 2010 7:40:39 PM

fullmetall said:
Want to buy me a new car?? :)  haha

Very neat build, What's the custom painted Case you have to go with this?

It is the same case but i had the inside painted red and the outside painted black. Also working with a member on custom grills for on top, side and front. Will post some pic's when finished. Thanks ;) 
m
l
Anonymous
January 26, 2010 7:51:37 PM

blackhawk1928 said:
a4mula Wrote
Quote:
You should do a little more homework

I really apoligize, but I am going to have to defend AGirlsBuild on this one.

-He did do his homework!
-When he was a little kid he did his homework which is why he has a lot of money to spend on this rig and you don't.

Thanks, But it is she did her homework. LOL :D 
m
l
January 26, 2010 7:55:47 PM

Come on AGirlsBuild, how about pulling the stick out of your ...

a4mula was just commenting, if you don't appreciate his comments don't reply.

Everyone has an opinion, if you don't like critics, why post on the internet?

Anyway, You've got a great build there, with a huge amount of attention to detail, I'm hugely impressed at how clean everything look so far!
m
l
Anonymous
January 26, 2010 8:24:38 PM

Tridec said:
Come on AGirlsBuild, how about pulling the stick out of your ...

a4mula was just commenting, if you don't appreciate his comments don't reply.

Everyone has an opinion, if you don't like critics, why post on the internet?

Anyway, You've got a great build there, with a huge amount of attention to detail, I'm hugely impressed at how clean everything look so far!

Thanks and did you read the last few post? ;) 
m
l
Anonymous
January 26, 2010 8:33:47 PM

Best answer selected by AGirlsBuild.
m
l
Anonymous
January 26, 2010 8:36:03 PM

BYE
m
l
January 28, 2010 11:18:08 PM

wish you would have left your pictures up, was a nice rig, now I cant show it off or look at it for reference.

Please to be reposting them? :) 
m
l
January 28, 2010 11:53:11 PM

AGirls, that's a pretty ridiculous over-reaction. The majority of us were enjoying your pictures...don't leave just because of that.
m
l
January 29, 2010 12:18:06 AM

Leave it to a4mula to scare the girls away :) 
m
l
!