Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Does it really matter on HDD

Last response: in Storage
January 13, 2012 5:43:44 PM

What is the best Harddrive for the money. Western digital has caviar blue,green, and black. Black being the most expensive Is it worth the money or can I go with any old seagate/hitachi hard drive to do the trick. Would like to mention I will have Ocz 120GB SSD as my boot instal and gaming install. I just need something for music storage or anything else really.

More about : matter hdd

Best solution

a c 320 G Storage
January 13, 2012 6:07:24 PM

If just for storage you don't need a black WD, depending on how often you access files I would say yes any old HDD will do. Just be sure to back up important data.
a b G Storage
January 13, 2012 6:13:55 PM

You won't notice the difference if it's not your boot drive. Go with anything well-reviewed. Hitachi would probably be fine.

On another note, BACK UP. Buy another drive and back up your system. It's a drag to have a video card or something fail, but you can just get another one. Your data is more important, and it should always be in more than one place.
m
l
Related resources
January 13, 2012 6:32:26 PM

How big should my back drive be. Im assuming back up drives are most likely suppose to be external.
m
l
a c 320 G Storage
January 13, 2012 6:34:17 PM

External is the best for back up. Whatever size you reasonably think you need, 500mb to 3Tb are available; 1Tb is probably plenty.
m
l
a b G Storage
January 13, 2012 6:47:14 PM

caviar black is more expensive and still have the 5 years warranty the others are 3 years
m
l
February 16, 2012 5:19:01 AM

Best answer selected by NewbiePcgamer84.
m
l
!