Windows failed to start.

kobello

Honorable
Sep 3, 2012
I was told this is an ideal place to look for information about spills. This is a cross-post. Thank everyone in advance for any help/information provided.

Here is my story, I hope you can help:

I was gaming one morning. My nephew was watching me, I went to use the rest room. I come back and he had spilled his juice inside my machine. I lost video and the fan on my brand new 7770 was stuck on max rpm. I turned everything off, took out the gpu, cleaned it, let it dry. Let the rest of the computer dry. I reinstalled the GPU and turned on my machine. The fan was no longer stuck on max RPM, so I felt I dodged a bullet. However, windows failed to start. It continually fails to start. I tried an older GPU (9500 GT). The fan on it would, for some reason, not spin, but I saw the model come up when I started the PC. Windows wont start. Initially I believed my problem was limited to a shorted GPU and I don't mind buying another new one, but since I was unable to get my old GPU to work I'm worried something else has shorted.

Please, for the love of all that is sacred, someone help me.

scopey86

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
Does your motherboard have a video-out of any kind? Try plugging that into the monitor and boot. If you're still not booting, this might be a motherboard issue, perhaps some of the juice got into the PCI slot and shorted it?