AMD Phenom II X2 720 BE, unlocked 4th core, OC'd to 3616.5, 1.456v
Xigmatek HDT-S1283, 1300RPM ~56CFM, 25dba
Dynex TIM spread with plastic card on cooler first
Idle: 30C Full Load: 51C (Prime95, 4 threads, Blended torture test)
- IGX HD 4200 OC'd to 700MHz, 512MB
^ Nice clean build...that is the main advantage of using modular PSUs...
And as for some suggestions,
One of the easiest way to improve the cooling would be to change the CPU cooler orientation similar to this -
CPU cooler fan -> Pull air and blows throught the heatsink -> Hot air blown out through the rear fan...
I'll have to pull everything apart to see how I can utilize the push-pin retention clip. I suppose at the same time I can change over to some MX2 TIM.
I was also looking at the Scythe Mugen 2 SCMG-2000 cooler as another alternative based on frostytech's ratings...
It also seems that if I did upgrade the fan on the CPU cooler to a higher CFM output version that would also cool it down better. As far as noise, with all fans maxed out, I can't barely tell the machine is on. So a bump up on noise wouldn't be a big deal.
^ Yes the CM 212+ can be repositioned...by removing the Blue plastic retntion base, you can use the retention clip that comes with the cooler...
and as for the Scythe Mugen2, yes it is also a very good option...but at that price the CM is a better value...
Instead of forking over more money for a new cooler and pulling my MOBO out to install a new one, I'm thinking of instead just upgrading the existing CPU cooler fan and the exhaust fan to higher output versions.
An increase in noise wouldn't be a big deal since at the moment the machine is so quiet, I can't even tell that its on.
I am a bit confused those on the fan specs on the current cooler, HDT-S1283. On the box is lists it as a 99CFM 32dba (i think) fan, but on their website it shows a ~56CFM 25dba unit - so I'm not sure which specs are correct =\
Also, would closing up the vent holes on the side of the case help improve the "vacuum" effect/airflow pull-through from front-to-back.
Any other advice or comments would be appreciated!
I do plan to add a HD5750 or 5770, just am kinda waiting for the prices to drop a little more before I splurge.