Your question

THG - Please print a retraction for the Fermi update article

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 13, 2010 2:33:10 PM

A retraction is on order for the following article:

Update: Nvidia Fermi Production and Availability

3:40 PM - January 11, 2010 by Tuan Nguyen

Just a quick update regarding more information on Nvidia's upcoming Fermi GPU:

We received word from an Nvidia partner that Fermi will go into production starting in the 3rd week of February, and be available in "low quantities" starting mid-march.

According to our source, Fermi's yield will be low but not any worse than what AMD/ATI is experiencing. TSMC, the company producing Radeon HD 5800 series at 40nm, is "happy at 4-percent yield," said our source.

Nvidia's Fermi GPU will be the company's first DX11 GPU.

Update:to clarify, the 4-percent yield is regarding Radeon HD 5800 series. Nvidia's Fermi is expected to do better.

Simply deleting this article is not enough. A front page retraction needs to be made. Please do the right thing. This article has spurred a wildfire of misinformation all over the internet. The article even falls below average FUD.

Thank You,

Lavacon
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
January 13, 2010 2:42:42 PM

Just the typical pro Nvidia garbage we are accustomed to reading on THG. You would think with the accusations being levelled at it they would maybe lie low for a while, instead we get this ludicrous article to scratch our respective heads at.

That said, removing the article should be the end of the matter.
m
l
January 13, 2010 2:55:16 PM

Deleting it and hoping everyone forgets about doesn't help with anything. The damage has been done and they need to go a step further than just deleting the article.

They need to show the readers they are better than this.
m
l
a c 147 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
January 13, 2010 2:58:54 PM

So is this a request from the OP himself, or just a copy from somewhere else?
m
l
January 13, 2010 3:03:35 PM

I'm just a guy that wants to see THG do the right thing.
m
l
a c 147 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
January 13, 2010 4:07:20 PM

I think it was a misprint or bad info and the article was taken down? Why is it such a big deal? What concern is it to you? I'm curious.
m
l
!