Sign in with
Your question

Best amd phenom ii x4 955 motherboard

Last response: in Motherboards
August 17, 2010 8:04:51 AM

Hello,
Need to know what would be the best motherboard for my quad core phenom ii x4, that would unlock it and keep the max bus speed...
a b V Motherboard
August 17, 2010 8:56:19 AM

Best depends on what your budget is. Otherwise you can go to newegg and get the most expensive one's on the list filled with all the goodies that a motherboard can offer.

If you do have a budget for the motherboard in mind and some features that you are looking for like USB 3.0, SATA II, then please do mention it.
m
l
a b À AMD
a b V Motherboard
August 17, 2010 9:39:08 AM

Agreed. Need more info on what you want to do with the machine. For budget gaming, look at the msi 870 mobo.
Midrange look at the 890gx, but I personally think the ASUS and Gigabyte boards are a little pricey.
The 890FX board from Biostar is a great enthusiast board at $140, but lacks some of the features of the $180 boards, like USB 3.0. Its a bit vanilla looking too.

Probably the best motherboard that money can buy from AMD is the Crosshair IV. I had a Crosshair 1 however and it was a nightmare with the crappy BIOS's ASUS kept dumping on us and the board never worked right in the first place. Worst $240 I've ever spent.
Bottom line-you can get a great mobo w/o spending a fortune.
m
l
!