Best amd phenom ii x4 955 motherboard

Hello,
Need to know what would be the best motherboard for my quad core phenom ii x4, that would unlock it and keep the max bus speed...
2 answers Last reply
More about best phenom motherboard
  1. Best depends on what your budget is. Otherwise you can go to newegg and get the most expensive one's on the list filled with all the goodies that a motherboard can offer.

If you do have a budget for the motherboard in mind and some features that you are looking for like USB 3.0, SATA II, then please do mention it.
  2. Agreed. Need more info on what you want to do with the machine. For budget gaming, look at the msi 870 mobo.
    Midrange look at the 890gx, but I personally think the ASUS and Gigabyte boards are a little pricey.
    The 890FX board from Biostar is a great enthusiast board at $140, but lacks some of the features of the $180 boards, like USB 3.0. Its a bit vanilla looking too.

Probably the best motherboard that money can buy from AMD is the Crosshair IV. I had a Crosshair 1 however and it was a nightmare with the crappy BIOS's ASUS kept dumping on us and the board never worked right in the first place. Worst $240 I've ever spent.
    Bottom line-you can get a great mobo w/o spending a fortune.
Ask a new question

Read More

Chipsets AMD Motherboards Phenom Product