First water cooling build, need some help.

MX5J6

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
Here is the system i plan on build in a month or so and the list of water cooling upgrades i plan tp buy later on. So how des everything look? Any suggestions? Also, will I be ok to use a molex splitter? I will not have enough molex plugs on my PSU so I will be getting a splitter that turns 1 into 4 so that's an additional 3 plugs giving me 9 in total and i will probably use 8 at the most? I will have some LED's, fans and fan controllers as well as the pump all on molex so will I have enough power for all thatalong with all the other things like SATA and powering my mobo and GPU?

Case: AZZA Genesis 9000B
MoBo: ASUS Maximus V Gene LGA 1155 Intel Z77
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1600
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz Quad-Core
HSF: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO
GPU: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 FTW 2GB
SSD: SAMSUNG 830 Series 128GB
HDD: SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 1TB 7200RPM
PSU: OCZ Fatal1ty 750W
ODD: ASUS DVD Burner OEM

Fan Cont: 2x Scythe Kaze Master
Fans: 12x Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120x25 - 1850 RPM
Top Rad: Coolgate Quad 120mm Ultimate Heat Exchanger
Bot Rad: Coolgate Dual 120mm Ultimate heat Exchanger
Pump: Swiftech MCP35X 12v PWM Controlled Water Pump - Black
Res: XSPC Laing DDC Reservoir Pump Attachment
CPU Block: Bitspower Summit EF CPU Liquid Cooling Block - Ice Red Acrylic
GPU Block: Koolance VID-NX680 GeForce VGA Liquid Cooling Block
SLI Bridge: Enzotech SLI Bridge Fitting Set - Matte Black
Tubing: Danger Den DreamFlex Value Pack - UV Red (1/2" ID x 3/4" OD)
Clamps: 10x Lamptron Elite Aluminum Reusable 3/4" OD - Anodized Deep Red
Fittings: 8x Enzotech G1/4" Barb Fitting - 1/2" ID Matte Black
2x Enzotech G1/4" Thread 90-Degree Rotary Barb Fitting - 1/2" ID Matte Black

scopey86

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
I think you're parts list for an air cooled pc looks good. The only thing is IF going forward you plan to add a second card to your setup you may want a larger PSU. I'd probably go with 700 watt minimum, maybe higher.

MX5J6

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
I was thinking about that. I can get a nice PC Power and Cooling Silencer MkII 750W for around $104. Should I go with that?

So would this list be good enough to up to water cooling if I chose in the future?

Forgot to mention before I will be getting a second card for SLI later.

scopey86

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
Stick with a big brand name with PSUs, here's a couple I'd reccomend:

Corsair 750 80plus bronze for 107.60:
http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Enthusiast-Certified-Performance-CP-9020003-NA/dp/B005E98FVS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1346715413&sr=8-2&keywords=corsair+750w

Corsair 850 80plus on sale for 120 (a good deal):
http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Enthusiast-Certified-Compatible-platforms/dp/B004MYFODS/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1346715413&sr=8-9&keywords=corsair+750w

As for your parts and liquid cooling, I would suggest that you head over to www.coolingconfigurator.com (It's EK's website for checking waterblock compatibility, you don't need to buy EK blocks, but it'll tell you if your card is reference design so that you know what blocks you can buy) and plug in the MSI card you've chosen and make sure it comes up as reference. Other than that I think you're stylin dude

MX5J6

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
Might go with the ASUS DCIIT since my card isn't refrence and EK doesn't make a full cover blobk for my card. the ASUS is basically the same thing as the MSI but consumes less power and is a little quieter. So it won't be too big a change.

As for the PSU I will go eith the TX750M V2, was thinking of going modular anyway.

scopey86

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
Sounds good, you should be fine with the card. Honestly all of them will perform the same (graphics cards) give or take a few percent. But once you put that card under water you'll be able to OC the difference away.

Modular is the way to go for PSUs. Good luck with the build

MX5J6

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
Thanks, do you have any suggestions for water cooling parts? Like water blocks, cpu blocks, maybe which rad brands are good or anything like that? If not thanks anyway for the help. =]

Check out the W/c sticky to get things rolling, you won't find fullcover blocks for the DCIi but you can mod them to have universal blocks underneath the DCIi shrouds, looks like aircooled but its W/c all the way,
I'll link mine tomorrow when I get in from work,
But the sticky should help you answer some basic questions yourself :)
Moto

scopey86

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
People have their own preferences when it comes to blocks, but here's what I'd suggest:

XSPC Raystorm for the CPU block. I've got one myself, they work great, cheap, and look nice with LEDs

GPU Blocks I'd probably reccomend the heatkiller because apparently the XSPC block doesn't cover all the VRMs

Rad wise they all perform fairly closely to one another but head over to Martin's Liquid Lab or Skinee Labs and see what they're reccomending these days. The ones I'd think of would probably be the XSPC RX3680 and alphacool nexxos UT60.

Pump wise just get yourself an MCP35/35x or MCP655.

Don't forget to select best answer :)

EDIT Just saw moto's post. If that specific Asus card isn't reference, I know that this one is: ASUS GTX670-DC2-2GD5 GeForce GTX 670

MX5J6

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012

Thanks, I will check it out.

Thanks to you too, I think there is a DCII full cover block? I may be wrong but I think I saw one or two on a site somewhere and the TOP edition is basically the same thing but factory OC. So it hould work just the same?

scopey86

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
Hey a quick google search shows that while there are no full covers out yet for the DCII, EK plans to make them soon:

http://www.ekwb.com/news/143/19/

If you choose that route, make sure you don't go for the nickel plated blocks. Just stick with copper as they've had issues with corrosion

MX5J6

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
May have to re-look over my GPU choice if the waterblock thing becoems too much of a problem. I had a 7970 before when I was going to do WC then went to MSI and now ASUS. There is a 670 FC waterblck on frozen cpu, two if them but they are nickel.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/16912/ex-blc-1205/EK_GeForce_670_GTX_DCII_VGA_Liquid_Cooling_Block_-_Nickel_CSQ_EK-FC670_GTX_DCII_-_Nickel.html?tl=g30c311s1708

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/16913/ex-blc-1206/EK_GeForce_670_GTX_DCII_VGA_Liquid_Cooling_Block_-_Acetal_Nickel_CSQ_EK-FC670_GTX_DCII_-_AcetalNickel.html?tl=g30c311s1708

MX5J6

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
Ok so I have found a few things that eem to be pretty good from what I can get from reviews and such.

Top Rad: Coolgate Triple 120mm Ultimate Heat Exchanger
Bot Rad: Coolgate Dual 120mm Ultimate heat Exchanger
Fans: Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120x25 - 1850 RPM
Pump: Swiftech MCP35X
Res: Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 150
CPU Block: XSPC RayStorm Special Edition Copper
GPU Block: Heatkiller GPUX3 GTX 680 Refrence Full Coverage*

*Possibly the "Hole Edition" depends how I am feeling when I am ready to order.

I also don't really know which fittings or tubing to get. Still looking at different brands of thermal paste.

Modded DCII link,
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/forum2.php?config=tomshardwareuk.inc&cat=15&post=351461&page=1&p=1&sondage=0&owntopic=1&trash=0&trash_post=0&print=0&numreponse=0&quote_only=0&new=0&nojs=0
Remember if you choose universal blocks you will need heatsinks for the memory chips as well, not a huge cost though
As far as I can find the TOP Edition is still on a custom Pcb so reference F/c's still won't fit it, but the EK link above looks promising if you aren't up to a little modding work :)
Fittings are up to you really, barbs are simpler to work with, compressions look neater and don't require clamps, the thing to mind with comps is the outside diameter of the tubing must match the internal diameter of the collar,
and if you are going to Sli in the future I'd recommend the 655 pump now rather than having to worry about flowrates later,
Moto

MX5J6

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
List updated and water cooling esuipment added. My only concern is, will the res I picked work with the MCP35X? I read somewhere that because the res is a DDC res it shold work fine? Though tbh i don't know what DDC is or how it relates to the pump. So can anyone tell me if this will work?

scopey86

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
I would wait awhile for them to release copper versions of the blocks if you're insistent upon the DCII's, otherwise just get a normal reference card like we said before and get one of any of the many 670 copper blocks out there (heatkiller, xspc, ek, others i'm sure).

jacknhut

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2010
Any specific reason you go with Bitspower CPU block other than the red color? Same with Coolgate Radiator?

If you read the reviews, the best CPU block for the money is the XSPC Raystorm. Other high performing CPU block is Koolance and Aquacomputer block which costs a bit more than XSPC. Bitspower CPU block has no review yet and thus I would refrain from buying it because you don't know how well it perform.

For radiator, why Coolgate? The reviews results show that Alphacool Nexxos UT60, Aquacomputer Airplex Revolution and Black Ice GTX Gen 2 Extreme are all highest performing radiators you can get. You just need to figure out which radiator will fit on your case.

Read this review http://skinneelabs.com/water-cooling-radiators/ to figure out what radiators you want.