Sign in with
Your question

Modding kuhler 920?

Last response: in Overclocking
September 3, 2012 9:48:02 PM

i have a kuhler 920 has any one modded one? i would like to add clear tubes and bay res to it but am concerned about the pump is it powerful enough. i dont expect a performance gain just for looks

More about : modding kuhler 920

a c 150 K Overclocking
September 3, 2012 10:00:37 PM

A better option would be selling it, but a lot of people have complaints that the pump isn't strong enough (especially with the closed loop systems) when they modded theirs.
m
l
September 3, 2012 10:08:01 PM

i really enjoy the antec color changing light on pump so i would like to keep it what about adding a second pump maybe a pump res combo?
m
l
Related resources
September 3, 2012 11:10:53 PM

anyone know if 2 pumps will work if i run them at the same rpm
m
l
a b K Overclocking
September 3, 2012 11:51:23 PM

Having two pumps at that speed is just overcomplicating, I would take amuffins suggestion and try to sell it. Either way just get yourself a stronger pump, there's plenty of other spots to add bling in your pc anyway
m
l
a c 324 K Overclocking
September 4, 2012 3:43:25 PM

Modding a closed loop cooler is ok if you want a project, but I wouldn't expect any dramatic performance increases. These coolers are developed and produced on a budget scale and are built more for the 'name/description on the box' rather than actual performance of said description.

Closed loop liquid cooling does not perform like water cooling.
m
l
!