Windows update is broken!!!

thetechnoobguy

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
Alright, it has been broken for months now, and I've done endless google searching but to no avail could I find a solution and it frusterated me so much that I just ignored it, but since my computer has had some serious frame rate droppings recently I decided I need to get to the bottom of this.

The little yellow icon "Updates are ready for your computer. Click here to install these updates." I click, I download, I install, I restart, for it say the exact same thing, repeat x100 and still same thing.

I tried updating to the windows installer 4.5, not sure if I actually installed it because the microsoft windows dowload website is extremely non user-friendly. Then I got the "Windows install cleanup" but that just uninstalls things.

I'm really lost, really frusterated and have NO idea what I should do. Thanks for your time.

thetechnoobguy

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
That program ran and apparently fixed the Automatic Updates problems but it did nothing.

I tried resolution 1, didn't work. Resolution 2 didn't work because the Windows Update file was already empty. Resolution 3 didn't work. I tried resolution 3a, and it said I shouldn't be able to delete the catroot2 folder, and I did. I rebooted and windows did NOT create another catroot2 folder. Resolution 5 doesn't make sense to me makes my brain hurt because it's late and I can't think straight.

thetechnoobguy

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
I tried resolution 5 and it did nothing.

This is such a piss off, I think my whole computer just sucks and doesn't want to do anything right. I get a cmd command window for a split second when I'm doing the updates(error?), and at the end it says "Close" instead of "Restart" like it shoul. Just some things to consider.